Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wethersfield , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Johnson View Post
We had (still have) the same problem with one window. Took it to a dealer (not where we bought the unit, but one closer to home). They worked and worked but in the end could not get it to stay open. We now just live with it. I cut a piece of firm foam padding to slip under the window at that setting and forget about it. IMO the geometry is too extreme (angle too acute) at the lowest setting coupled with some movement at the top hinge.

We discovered the pantry drawer lying in the middle of the floor when we were at the top of Wolf Creek Pass. The plastic latch is inadequate and the slides were attached to the cheesy pressed board with 4 inadequate screws. I reattached it with 8 bigger screws from Ace Hardware. The factory has offered to rebuild the unit, but my repair works fine. The fact that the slides now bind slightly is an improvement, not a hindrance--it ensures that the cheesy plastic latch isn't the only thing holding the drawer in.

All in all, our 2010 Flying Cloud 27FB has been terrific and far better built than the diesel pusher motorhome we had previously.
I agree with the geometry being extreme. I just put them at second level or higher now. Thanks for your idea about the fi wedge!
Thomas_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Window closing at lowest setting

I've got another case of a window not opening. This is on a brand new 25FB Flying cloud. The rear side window rests against the bottom when the rods are in the lowest holes. We measured and found that the slots at the side of the window (where the rods go through, with the fuzzy gaskets) are located 1/4 of an inch higher, than on the adjacent window. The adjacent window stands about two inches open, when the rods are in the lowest position.

We have yet to talk to the dealer about this....just did the measurements today.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We had several broken or defective items with our trailer as well. Some things came from Jackson Center broken/damaged. Other things were broken/damaged at the dealership.
1. The wall sconce light in the bedroom was dangling by the wire. I saw this in the online photos of the trailer before I bought it and told the dealership. This was repaired before I took delivery of the trailer.
2. A reading lamp over the couch was broken and hanging by the wire. It wasn't like that in the photos online. This was repaired before I took delivery of the trailer.
3. Several fluorescent light covers were/are cracked. The dealer gave me some replacements and Jackson Center sent me some replacements.
4. The head of one of the upholstery buttons on the back of the dinette was broken and dangling. Jackson Center sent a replacement.
5. The baseboard in the bedroom was not attached. Mat the factory it was measured, cut, put in place and then the worker apparently walked away. Jackson Center sent me a nail gun. I attached the baseboard and returned the nail gun to Jackson Center.
6. A couple of awning claws were broken. These were replaced before I took delivery of the trailer.
7. An employee at the dealer who owned an Airstream personally told my wife and I incorrectly where to hook up city water. He had us hooking to the black tank flush. That was the thing that caused me to get on Airforums in the first place.
8. I did not think to tighten kitchen sink sprayer or shower head sprayer and got a wet surprise when i turned the city water supply on. No one warned us. Also, no one warned us to travel,with the shower head sprayer lying on the floor wrapped in a towel. We have some dings in the shower wall now due to traveling with it dangling.
9. I did not think to tighten the soap dispensers and got a blue liquid surprise upon arriving at camp in Texas. I had a similar experience in our previous trailer.
10. I had a fight with the trailer and the trailer one. I had trouble with the door locks in the beginning. I finally figured out that both the door latch lock and the deadbolt are turned right to unlock and left to lock.

All of these issues were discovered and fixed during the first 2 trips. In the 7 months since I have not had any more trouble. I hope this is a real indication of how it will be as I was very disappointed in the beginning.
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote