Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wethersfield , Connecticut
Thanks everyone.

It is encouraging to know this is all normal. Even if it is a pain. Just wish closest dealer was less than 3-4 hours away!

Regarding the faucet though I am 100% positive the pump is off while traveling. I even relieve the hot water tank pressure as well. It drips when parked too so I will follow your advice and take it to dealer if I can't fix it myself.

Regarding the rivet popping out though. How do I know if the hitch is too stiff? We definitely are very careful in towing and it was not a rough ride. We have a Reese dual cam anti sway hitch with #800 cam bars. We are at 5 chain links from the end. Truck is a silverado 2500HD. Airstream is a 2013 25' FB.

Thanks again!!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I wouldn't worry about one or two rivets popping on a new unit. Everything has to "settle in" after it runs down the road and flexes to it's settled state. I had only one that I recall. Popped in a new one and haven't seen another since.

I think you have the right hitch bar setup for your rig. Pop in a new rivet and watch for more.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_G View Post
Thanks everyone.

It is encouraging to know this is all normal. Even if it is a pain. Just wish closest dealer was less than 3-4 hours away!

Regarding the faucet though I am 100% positive the pump is off while traveling. I even relieve the hot water tank pressure as well. It drips when parked too so I will follow your advice and take it to dealer if I can't fix it myself.

Regarding the rivet popping out though. How do I know if the hitch is too stiff? We definitely are very careful in towing and it was not a rough ride. We have a Reese dual cam anti sway hitch with #800 cam bars. We are at 5 chain links from the end. Truck is a silverado 2500HD. Airstream is a 2013 25' FB.

Thanks again!!!!
Tom,

Couple questions?

Have you been to the CAT Scales to confirm your WD. Is the trailer level when hitched & loaded for camping?

I agree with Rich, wouldn't worry about a couple poppers, and your bars should work well for you.

Bob

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post

Tom,

Couple questions?

Have you been to the CAT Scales to confirm your WD. Is the trailer level when hitched & loaded for camping?

I agree with Rich, wouldn't worry about a couple poppers, and your bars should work well for you.

Bob
I have not been to the CAT scales yet. But the trailer is level when hitched and loaded.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Didn't buy a new one but I can say that after attending five RV shows that past couple of years, issues are not unique to Airstream.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Do you know if the trailer has an accumulator in the water system? Even if it does not, the system is still under pressure when the pump is turned off. Especially if the water heater is operation or even hot. There is a head of air in the water heater to allow for expansion as the water heats up. This creates pressure on both the hot water side and the cold water side of the system.
I think you just have a bad seal in the faucet assembly. It is probably a cartridge type and can be replaced from above the countertop. It may have lime or mineral deposits which can make the seal hard or even cut it in certain cases.
Until you resolve the issue. I would suggest you crack open a valve in the tub to relieve any pressure. At least there won't be a mess. If you lay the shower hose on the floor.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Airstream of New England is about 2.5 hours from us (I live just south of you in Cromwell) but I've never tried them, nor heard much about their service dept.

Once the warranty is up, or if you want modifications, I highly recommend Classic RV just across the border in Holmes, NY - it's run by the former service manager of the now-defunct Waterbury AS dealer. I've used them a lot - helps keep me sane with AS ownership...

Tom
Old 04-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Try turning the pump off and then opening a faucet to relieve the pressure, might stop the drips. Be sure to turn off the faucet and leave the pump off when done. Jim
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #23
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
Airstream of New England is about 2.5 hours from us (I live just south of you in Cromwell) but I've never tried them, nor heard much about their service dept.

Once the warranty is up, or if you want modifications, I highly recommend Classic RV just across the border in Holmes, NY - it's run by the former service manager of the now-defunct Waterbury AS dealer. I've used them a lot - helps keep me sane with AS ownership...

Tom
I was wondering where George ended up. Good to know.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
I have been away with no Internet for a few days.

Thank you to everyone for their insight!

Scheduling a trip to Colonial soon. Going to give the calibration a try to hopefully this weekend

I am going to search the forum a bit now but I was also wondering if anyone experiences panels that warp on the outside when it gets warm and is cold at night. The dealer said this is normal and many had that occurring on the lot as well. It's about 40-35 here at night and 70 during the day. Happens in the same spot on both sides. Only occurs when the sun hits it. Then goes away at night again. Is this something that is common?

Dealer did say that if it still occurs when temps are higher then to let them know.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question Waves...

The consensus here is that it's normal for some, others not so much.

Ours has not done it, regardless of temp/shade/sunlight.

TGFSF...

Bob

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
North Wales , Pennsylvania
Microsensor Calibration

Quote:

Scheduling a trip to Colonial soon. Going to give the calibration a try to hopefully this weekend

THANK YOU!!!
I did the calibration myself, after experiencing the same problem. It is possible to calibrate a single sensor -- it is in the instructions.

For the empty setting -- I drained the tank (buckets dumped to our house toilet -- gross), then filled the toilet bowl up twice and dumped into the tank -- this is my empty setting.

For full setting, I ran the water until the water level was about 1 - 1/2" from the bottom of the black connection below the toilet. the instructions say to go to 1/2" from the top of the tank -- this is too close for my comfort. With this full setting, I know that I can carefully use the toilet several times without the risk of overflowing.

Read the instruction a couple of times -- the first couple of pages show what the sensors are used for during calibration.

We have been doing this for 25 + years, and this is our second new Airstream, and your punch list items don't seam too bad. The window issue sounds like the most significant.

We bought our unit from Colonial as well.

Good Luck

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2016 Nissan XD Turbo Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:

I am going to search the forum a bit now but I was also wondering if anyone experiences panels that warp on the outside when it gets warm and is cold at night. The dealer said this is normal and many had that occurring on the lot as well. It's about 40-35 here at night and 70 during the day. Happens in the same spot on both sides. Only occurs when the sun hits it. Then goes away at night again. Is this something that is common?

Dealer did say that if it still occurs when temps are higher then to let them know.

THANK YOU!!!
Ours also warps when the sun hits it directly, and that seems normal to me.

Aluminum expands when heated and direct sunlight certainly does that. The first time I noticed it was alarming (although it is a small very small deflection), but when the sun moved to the other side, it went away.

It made me think of the aluminum fascia used on houses which also expands and warps in direct sun, then disappears as the sun moves on. I do some design work and hate this effect, preferring wood fascia, but the owners want the so-called "no maintenance" of aluminum.

doug k
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Here is a pic of the warp for reference. Same on the other side as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-770088820.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	184731