Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Asheville , North Carolina
Interestingly enough, I found if I let just the slowest trickle go through for the length of time it takes to break down and stow everything else, I get no leak so this fix will work for now. That said, a few new things learned:

1) Checklists for key items are essential or you will eventually make a bad mistake. Spoke to several other RV owners along the way sharing similar stories. Very glad I spent a good 5 hours condensing ours into postcard sized ones that can be split up among several or done by a single. Without the departure one we would have driven away with the hitch down after remaining hooked up at Cabelas. Without the metrics sheet we wouldn't have noticed the propane remote monitor feet were cracked.

2) The hose spigots at many campgrounds are almost touching the ground. With our water pressure and filter attachment, there is no way to make that work. Along the way we picked up a 45-degree metal elbow with a free turning female and attached a 5" strain relief. This way we can hook up to anything we come to as we already had the cheater attachment and used it once.

3) Met a fellow AS owner who needed some sealant to plug a seam leak. While I had the AdSeal, I didn't have the dispenser gun or caulk removal tool. Fortunately, they ended up not needing it but still...
AirstreamCSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #22
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamCSH View Post
\Water pours from the belly pan when flushing the black tank.

If you're not getting water inside, but you ARE getting it leaking out all across the side of the trailer, then I had this exact problem AND FIXED IT.

In my 25FB: at the back of the hall closet, there is a "step" which is made from an access panel. Removing the access panel exposes the inlets for both water pipes. My black water inlet pipe fitting was noticeably loose and I tightened it by hand... problem fixed.

Might be different with a RB, but worth checking out. I think the black tank flush is actually something that works really well now that mine works!
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #23
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Thank you, Thiel, that information should be helpful to many folks.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Thiel - Thank You! We have that panel in our FB so I'll pull it apart when we stop for a bit to try. We also have one under the bench seat so I'll see what that does too.

For anyone like us who is a first time diesel engine owner, the following from our journal might be of help.

For the first time, we were offered the option of diesel in RED, #1, #2 and #1 & #2 with no explanation on what the choices meant and the store was so rural we had 0 bars. Inside the store they pulled-out a 2013 e-mail that explained:

Diesel #1 has a lower pour point which means it will not gel up as fast in cold weather. But it has a lower efficiency rating meaning it doesn’t burn as well as #2 which may cause lower horse power.

Diesel #2 is for warmer weather but can also be used in cold weather but it gels up sooner. You can put the additive in your tank of diesel #2 to help prevent it from gelling.

50/50 is a blend of diesel #1 & diesel #2 so that the mixture is a good blend for colder weather.

Red dye diesel is for off road use only and has a red dye added to it because there are no taxes added to it. It is for tractors, heaters, generators etc as long as it is not used on the highways or streets. The exception to that is state or government owned vehicles such as school buses, plows, etc. If a customer uses it in their vehicle and someone decides to check the tank and finds they have red in it they are fined.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #25
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Interestingly enough, I found if I let just the slowest trickle go through for the length of time it takes to break down and stow everything else, I get no leak...
You already know this fixture leaks water where water should not go. The fact that you don't see any water coming out when you use the black tank flush feature at a trickle does not mean that water has stopped going where it should not go. I recommend strongly against this approach. Fix it first. That said, it's your trailer and your money. Best wishes and best of luck!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
As a follow up, stopped at a dealer in Boise and it turns out that someone on the line missed one Pex crimp fitting on the flush feed elbow so water poured into the pan plus under the shower. Wasn't a valve problem but a simple quality control one. Unfortunately it took hours to get under the shower which they did by removing the outdoor shower cabinet.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:19 AM   #27
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
As a follow up, stopped at a dealer in Boise and it turns out that someone on the line missed one Pex crimp fitting on the flush feed elbow so water poured into the pan plus under the shower. Wasn't a valve problem but a simple quality control one. Unfortunately it took hours to get under the shower which they did by removing the outdoor shower cabinet.
Sometimes our forum friends state a problem or issue, get lots of input, and then forget to let others know what the solution or fix was.

Thanks for sharing!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #28
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:

Glad you got that fixed, hopefully under warranty!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote