Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 02:20 PM   #1

1990 32' Excella
carmel valley , California
New to illinois

We have relocated to St. Charles Illinois and need to find an rv camp where we can store our 34' excella on a seasonal basis or on a store-and-use basis. We prefer a camp with a lake or river within a 2 hour drive. Where do you recommend?
Davidwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidwalton View Post
We have relocated to St. Charles Illinois and need to find an rv camp where we can store our 34' excella on a seasonal basis or on a store-and-use basis. We prefer a camp with a lake or river within a 2 hour drive. Where do you recommend?
There are several places on rt.71 to Ottawa, one is time share at Norway others I don't no there status also on at Yorkville on Fox river several at Marsailles, one off rt.6 one north just so. of I80 several others south of St. Charles, Il. river goes thru Marsailles also some Wilmington area, these are approx. 45 to 50 miles south of St. Charles. North of St. Charles I don't no about, but there are several posters on forums north of there. If you like small rallys we have 2 forum rallys, May & Oct. get togethers at Oregan Il. [Lowden state park] just fun rally campfires lots of food and fellowship plus historical sites in area. Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And, the Moraine View rally is the second weekend in June, if you feel like making a drive a couple of hours down state.

Welcome.

Maggie
Old 04-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I am a member of the Northern Illinois Unit. We have people who keep their 34 footer at Woodhaven RV resort. I looked at it. Very nice. Here is their website. http://woodhavenassociation.com/ We also have people at Lehnmans Here is their website. Lehman's Lakeside RV Resort They also have a lake. If you are interested in becoming members of our Northern Illinois Unit, here is our website. http://northernillinois.wbcci.net/ I am the webmaster.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
We live in St Charles and keep our Airstream 34 at Woodhaven Lakes. Dwight has provided the link in his post. Woodhaven is 1 hour 20 minutes from our home. All the sites at Woodhaven are privately owned (as deeded sites). An owners association manages the park. Sites cannot be rented out. Woodhaven has seven "lakes" ranging in size from 1/2 acre to 27 acreas. Non water front (vacant) sites sell for $3,500 to $5,000. Water front sites sell much, much higher. The annual association dues is about $1,150 for sites with electric, water, sewer. Electric is metered and paid directly to ComEd. If you have any interest in Woodhaven Lakes, just private message me.

We also have a friend who keeps his Airstream 34 at Lehmans's. It takes us about 35 minutes from St Charles to Lehman's when we visit our friend.

We both are also members of the WBCCI Northern Illinois Unit. There is also a Yogi Bear campground in Millbrook IL and Amboy Il that rent out seasonal sites.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote