Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Need Mountain West Trip Recommendations

What a problem! We have 3 weeks beginning July 14 and we know we want to go west to the mountains. We love Lewis and Clark sites, but we don't think we have the time to do justice to the trip all the way to the Pacific this summer. Past trips we have spent in the Yellowstone-Tetons area, in the Boulder River Valley north of Yellowstone, and near Stanley, Idaho. We like to establish camp in a central area and day trip from there--love scenic drives, fishing, historical sites, and light hiking. Quandary: what would be a great place to go this summer in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, or Idaho? If you have a favorite place and could give highlights and make recommendations, you might help us narrow down our search for this summer's perfect getaway . Thanks in advance for your input. Hope to hear from lots of you so we have an even more difficult time making up our minds!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Just after posting, I went out to the mailbox and found the latest Trailer Life mag, featuring what elseon the cover but. . .a High Country Best of the Mountain West article, plus a tow feature story on Airstream/Suburban combo! The cover looks great with a 28 Safari towed by a maroon Sub. I'm going to settle in for a read, but thought you might like to know about our month in the spotlight I thought it was interesting that this issue hits on several of our current issues: mountain west vacationing, the 2500 Suburban, and always, the AS!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 06-15-2004, 11:16 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
hello maxandgeorgia youve been to stanley...time to check out the panhandle sandpoint is a nice little town, although somewhat yuppified now... but its a good base from which to take short day trips...spokane 90 miles couer d'alene 35 miles canada 60 miles....fishing,,the elusive kamloops salmon,,kokanee salmon....lakes coeur d'alene,pend oreille, priest lake....you could take i-90 to u.s. 12 to u.s.95...also cataldo mission...ancient grove of cedars more places to visit then i can do justice to... i used to vacation there for ten years or more...pm me if you have any questions..
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Thanks, Norby. We've considered going on up in Idaho. Your post makes it sound like a great place to spend a few weeks. Enjoyed visiting with you at the Rally-well, actually, at the dump station AFTER the rally When we get closer to our decision, we may PM for some suggestions on campgrounds, etc.
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU