Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #141
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
You don't need robots to make quality products. A well run company would be a treat and the frustrating and seemingly endless list of problems we faced in our first 2 years would not have happened. A good dealer network and we wouldn't have to go to JC twice. There is a big difference between the QC at the factory and the work done at the service center. But the chip in the table shows the service center sometimes has lapses too. For a mechanic to think he could get away with that is severe denial. That would make me wonder what else he did to cut corners.

I'm glad this is getting fixed easily—why should that be a surprise? Shane, you've had to wait through the weekend because of it. Somebody tried to fool you or hoped you didn't care about how the table looked. I hope they cut you a good deal on the leak/floor problem. You are the most forgiving customer a company could wish for.

I have to disagree with you. Some parts of the Airstream company care about customers, but other parts do not.

I hope this is over soon and you can get home to your wife. She is a fortunate woman for it is clear you care for her very much.

Gene

Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #142
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
I don't care how big companies like Winnebago get, and how much they brag about their "state of the art" manufacturing procedures (they love to use words like "computerized"),
the fact is that RV manufacturing is still basically a "cottage industry", and the quality will never equal that of the big car manufacturers.

That being said, I still vote for Airstream as representing the lesser of all the RV evils out there, and in the overall scheme of things, Shane's story is a good one.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #143
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
My professional opinion on the chip was un-preventable. The table top next to the stove was originally sealed and some of the epoxy/ sealant must have adhered into the raw wood under the coating. When the stove came out and up...so did the laminate coating...which is actually heat treated during the manufacturing then assembly process.
I other words,..the service side is not at fault. They do a very good job.

You are right on one importatnt point,..I should have been notified after the chip happened.But there was never a waiver on it being fixed or to make me happy. There are other circumstances, I care to not go into in a public forum.

I've noticed here everyone has an opinion,...but my opinions are situational specific....yall are putting your own twist and assumptions to give a black eye to where one is not needed, IMO.

Like I have said in the past.....this is my situation,..I have posted everything with the utmost honesty and through me experience. If your experience differs and have issues from years past or are unhappy about a situation,..then please post it......just not on my thread.

Not picking anuoneout,....this is where things have in the past have gone south....trying to stop it here.

Respectfully,

Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #144
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
"the fact is that RV manufacturing is still basically a "cottage industry",

Thor hardly cottage....

JACKSON CENTER, Ohio, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Thor Industries, Inc. ( NYSE: THO) announced today that Bob Martin will become RV Group President effective February 1, 2012. Thor's six RV companies -- Airstream, CrossRoads, Dutchmen, Heartland, Keystone RV and Thor Motor Coach -- will report to Mr. Martin. Mr. Martin will report to Peter Orthwein, Thor's Chairman, President & CEO.
Mr. Martin, an 18-year industry veteran and Elkhart native, is currently President of Keystone RV, Thor's largest subsidiary.
In other management moves, Matt Zimmerman, currently Vice President of Sales for Keystone RV, succeeds Martin as President of Keystone. Mr. Zimmerman has been with Keystone 13 years in a variety of sales and management positions. In addition, David Chupp, currently Vice President of Finance for Keystone, has been named its Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Chupp joined Keystone in 2000.
"Bob, Matt, and David assume their new responsibilities with a history of success in their previous positions. These promotions will further strengthen Thor's leading position in the RV industry," commented Peter Orthwein, Thor's Chairman, President & CEO.
"I am privileged to have this opportunity to be associated with all the great Thor companies," said Bob Martin. "As the largest RV manufacturer in the world, Thor Industries has much to offer our customers, RV owners and the community. I look forward to working with all of Thor's RV companies in my new role to leverage the strength and capabilities of Thor Industries."

Thor is the world's largest manufacturer of recreation vehicles and a major builder of commercial buses.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #145
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Great Service explains out dealings with the AS shop as well.

On the way to Alumapalooza last year, some of the stick on belt line trim came loose. We were scheduled for installation of street side and curb side awnings, and I mentioned the trim a couple small warranty squawks.
Paul introduced me to the service tech, and told me to go show them what I wanted fixed. After I pointed out the problems, the fellows looked at me and said “What else?”
Great work and service.
Glad it worked out for you.
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #146
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
I'm glad all is working out to your satisfaction. Enjoy the trip home and the adventures to come with your Airstream.
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #147
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Hello Schu, nice to see you here. Any comments?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	schu.png
Views:	84
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	152612  
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #148
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Shane,

Glad to hear that everything is working out. I am sure that even though I expected everything to be OK, it still would have been in the back of my mind all weekend.

Have a safe trip home. The weather looks much more cooperative for traveling now.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #149
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Hello Schu, nice to see you here. Any comments?
OMG....we were both on at the same time and I survived.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #150
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post

PLEASE everyone do not Tarnish my time I have spent here. If you have an issue or a complaint, this is not the thread. This thread is about my situation and how it was handled.

Thank you,..I hope you understand.

Shane
please folks, let's respect shane's wishes
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #151
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Hi Shane,

Glad to hear that everything is working out. I am sure that even though I expected everything to be OK, it still would have been in the back of my mind all weekend.

Have a safe trip home. The weather looks much more cooperative for traveling now.

Amen to that,

Also my prayers to the people who have suffered during these tornados and storms.

Shane

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #152
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
Unhappy My apology

Airstream apologizes for the additional problems involved with Shane's trailer. He has been very patient and we regret that we did not get all of the repairs made properly the first time.We will continue to focus on improving and meeting customer expectations.

My apology,

Dave Schumann
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #153
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
You guys do good work, Schu. I liked how Casper did my water heater a year or so ago.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #154
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Airstream apologizes for the additional problems involved with Shane's trailer. He has been very patient and we regret that we did not get all of the repairs made properly the first time.We will continue to focus on improving and meeting customer expectations.

My apology,

Dave Schumann
Thanks for addressing this, Dave.

Now that this is settled, feel free to take a look at post 1090 in the corrosion thread. :-)

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ml#post1112869

Chris

Tags
floor, jackson center, rot