View Poll Results: What do you prefer while traveling?
Rock 26 35.14%
Country/Western 19 25.68%
Folk 10 13.51%
Jazz 17 22.97%
Classical 11 14.86%
Books on Tape 8 10.81%
Talk Radio 14 18.92%
Nothing, we talk to each other 6 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2004, 03:59 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
bad memories...

Altamont was a real hoot!......

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #58
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Here's a stumper for you. Ogden Edsel Wahalia Blues Mondo Bizario Band out of Omaha in the late '70s/early '80s. Wish I still had this LP. Loaned it out to some forgotten person. Anyone got it so I can dupe it?

I have saved all of my old LPs and have over 400. I still have my record player hooked up to my home stereo and when I'm the only one home for a few hours, I'll make my selection and shake up the neighborhood good.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:04 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Actually, that's The Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band. Seriously demented stuff. Sort of a midwest version of The Fugs. I remember hearing "Hemophilia Drive-In" on Dr. Demento.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:15 PM   #60
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
That's the one. I helped these guys change a flat tire after one of their weekend gigs in Missouri Valley, Iowa sometime around 3am. Their one album was called "Stuffed" and I became good friends with the slightly overweight cover model as well as the art director, he lived right above me on the third floor. Probably not going to find this on the iTunes website anytime soon.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:22 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

Photo, after a catch like that, I will bow out gracefully. Between your frisbee abilities, and comand of the obscure, I am a lightweight. I do recall the "smog" at those concerts. I will throw out another great concert as I go; "It's a beautiful day". I'll bet they sill are in court suing each other.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Minkus, I must confess I managed a record store for a while in the mid 1970s, and I've been hanging out with musicians most of my life. Had about 500 LPs in my collection by 1980. Started collecting CDs in the mid 80s. Was up to about 1,000 CDs when the wife and I sold our house last year. Ripped the CDs onto a hard drive and sold most of 'em. Kept the rare stuff.

I still have an old scratched copy of It's a Beautiful Day's "Today," which I consider their best work. Great blues/rock, but alas it has not been released on CD. I also have a copy of "Keyboard Tales," by Michael Perlitch, but it is in pretty bad shape.

And my frisbee skills aren't that good. I missed that roadie by 70 feet.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:22 PM   #63
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
A Favor Please

Ok. I need to ask a favor of all of you helpful, problem solving individuals, but I don't want it to sound like a commercial. Bear with me...

Price (husband) asked me to check a new website he and his music partner (Eric) have had developed for their music business. It is suppose to give people the opportunity to hear a section of music from the cd they have created. Now, here is where I need some help. When I go to the site and try any of the options to hear a song - I get nothing. I would really appreciate anyone who is interested in hearing some soothing music (no commercial!!!) helping me figure out if the site is working or if something is not right with my computer. I have been to other sites where sound comes thru. This process is important for 2 reasons: 1. If others are having the same problem as me, the webmaster needs to pinpoint it and 2. The guys are in negotiation w/Barnes & Noble to carry this CD, but meanwhile the website is where people are being directed to make purchases. I just need some feedback on the sound coming thru for you (and if you want to give thought on the music thats fine too). Here is the website:
http://windsofthespirit

Click on the New CD release button to the left (in blue) and that will take you to the page with option to listen. Thanks you guys...I can't figure out why I'm left out.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 06:53 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
The mp3 links worked fine for me. I'm running OS 10.3.5 and Safari 1.2.3 on an old dual-processor G4 Power Mac. Didn't try the wma or wav links as I haven't downloaded Microsoft's plug-in for those files.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
what is your software of choice for ripping the vinyl to cd or hard drive? And do you use a phono pre-amp? My set up overloads the sound card when I use it as is, getting distortion. Thanks
I have both mac and windows available.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #66
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
My truck has a 12 CD magazine and it contains 10 Jimmy Buffett CD's for me and 2 Disney CD's for the kids! My taste run eclectic as well. I like some classic, big band, rock, a little country, contempory Christian, and others, but mostly Buffett. Anything except rap!

I don't have my Airstream yet, but when we travel I like Buffett or Michael Card, or Phillips Craig & Dean. Mostly Buffett, though.

My wife has already selected the name for our Airstream: "Changes in Lattitudes". I have designed a logo for it: it is a pink flamingo with an eye patch and pirate's hat. I plan on incorporating palm trees when I have a sign company put the name under the window next to the door and under the rear window. I plan on having the logo put on the window next to the door and on the rear window.

Oh, did I mention that I like Jimmy Buffet?
Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 AM   #67
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Leigh.

WMA, WAV, and Mp3 all worked fine on my Mac G5, 10.3.5, and Safari 1.2.3. WAV and Mp3 load in latest version of Quicktime, and the WMA in (Ugh) Windows Media player(which of course has some sort of cryptic warning).

Nice music, btw.

Jonathan
Old 10-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
what is your software of choice for ripping the vinyl to cd or hard drive? And do you use a phono pre-amp? My set up overloads the sound card when I use it as is, getting distortion. Thanks
I have both mac and windows available.
I can tell you for sure how to do this. I usually buy nothing but vinyl and have
been ripping them for years. And after a lot of trial and error I found this to be
the best solution. Keep in mind this is time consuming and takes patience.

1. Use your standard Turntable/amp&preamp/reciever combo. It's a waste of money
and time to try to have two turntables. Just find a long RCA cable and one of those
handy RCA to 1/8 inch plug adapters. Your reciever or amp should have a "tape monitor" out on it, if not then things might get ugly. Most do though.

2. Plug this into your sound card line input, not microphone. Adjust your sound card
and volume settings to set the input working. Most of the time these are either muted
or turned down all the way. Consult experts on this if you have trouble.

3. Get this handy piece of software that runs on windows/linux/Mac called Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

It's the cats pajamas. Read the Help files or the web site and get cozy with it.
Download the MP3 module separately, this will differ from platform to platform.

4. Rip away. Just rip a whole side and cut it up into tracks or leave it whole.

Repeat until you get tired. Trust me on this. You don't want to waste your time
with any of that other crap software that claims to take the crackles out of the
records. It's a waste of money.

Just remember to make sure not to use a cheap sound card or use skinny mp3
compression. You don't want to do this process more than once for each record.
I generally do this when I get a new record so I can listen at work. That and I
burn the uncompressed wav files to CD for reference later.

Let me know if that helps.

dale
Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 PM   #69
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Hello again. There is something out of wack. If a few more of you could go to the above mentioned website and see if you can get a download of music off the New CD, it would be greatly appreciated. So far I have gotten 2 "yes, I can hear the music" posts from Mac users and a "no, well, yes, but much time passed before the music came up" from a Microsoft XP user" HMMMM. Thanks also for all of you enjoying the music. The guys are quite excited over the Barnes&Noble prospect. It is being carried in one of our local stores right now, and if all goes well, will go national by Christmas.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:08 PM   #70
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
I am running xp and the hot links work as well as the 3 formats offered. Yuo should look into selling your product through CD Baby - they are an online seller of indie music and it's a great deal for the artists - unlike barnes and noble, amazon, etc. check out www.cdbaby.com
My band has been selling cds there for several years and we are happy with the results. They will put sound clips up for you and offer credit card processing servicew for your other business endevors... here's a link to our latest cd sales page www.cdbaby.com/cd/huha2 we link to this site from our website and they reciprocate. Good luck

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote