Old 07-31-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Most Memorable Vacation Trip

I'd have to say my most memorable road trip with a Airstream was this summer. We drove nearly two whole days to Kissimmee Florida near Universal Studios/Disney World area. Traffic is what makes riding in the back seat of a Dodge Ram horrible! Just so slow and no room to sit comfortably. With an Airstream attached, several people go around because they think, "the bigger you are, the slower". So you end up going slower around wrecks because no one lets you pass them or go ahead of them.
it was all "good". "Good" is a common word in the family. It was a "good" trip. Seeing the ocean for the first time was remarkable. Cocoa Beach is a fun place to walk barefoot.
Even when it was rainy evenings, we still had our Excella Airstream to keep us dry inside and/or under the awning. "'Good' things come to those who wait two days in the back seat of a cramped Ram."

twinkybeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
They have all been good!

Except for the trip when my trailer was flooded by a bad plumbing connection, every trip I have taken in the last 14 months has been great for some reason or another. I really can't pick out a "best" trip so far. As far as a favorite destination, Lost Maples State Park has seen my Airstream 3 times already.

As far as upcoming trips go, I'm going to Colorado Springs for my 50th fighter squadron reunion in September and then a week after returning to the Airstream Homecoming and on to see my long-lost brothers in PA. I have an ides that one or both these trips will be a cut above the rest.

John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master
John, my most memorable recent trip was just up the road from Colorado Springs at Mueller State Park, about 25 miles west from Colorado Springs on highway 24, then south from Divide about five miles. Wow! What a place!

j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England
Our haul...

Hi U 3 U doin 2day...
Loved Yr stories here, but U kn, it kinda puzzles me a bit, U all LIVE in the states, and think nothing drivin a few blocks ( last one I went to was 17 miles away )...Ooops!!! U get realy excited abt all...I thought A/S-ing was an American institution, U all do it because Yr parents, an Grandparents, an so on...did it, they INVENTED it...
Take me 4 instance, a 50 year old CHILD, can U imagine how I felt the first time I came over " The Pond " 2 Yr wonderful land...well our day started at around 3am, leave home at 4-30am, by taxi to airport, ( London-Gatwick ) 5-6 hrs, got 2b there 3 hrs b4 we fly, then a 9, YES a 9 hour flight into Orlando I/A, then get baggage & vehicle, an pedal all the way up 2 the villa, turns out abt a 20 hour day for me, when U are young, it's fine, it's an adventure, when U hit 30, phew!!!, it's a big issue...but when U hit the BIG 5 0...who cares, I'm out on vacation with my Family, an I r the oldest KID here...
Can I have an ICE CREAM dear...( sorry I got carried away...), now as U guys are abt 5 hours behind us (Florida) makes it a 29, hour DAY...for us that IS one hell of a good time 2 chill out...LMAO...All that FUN catches us up abt 3 days later, It got me in a book store in Florida Mall...I jus kinda sat on the floor with a off I went to sleep... , But the funny thing is, I would'nt change a thing, the object is 2 get out an enjoy one'self, so back 2the board, are these places U mention far, far away from Yr home town, by hundreds or thousands of miles...? I enjoy drivin at Yr end, it's so easy...sayin that I don't fancy We too stayed at Kissimmee, near I4, a great place, did U do the " Saturday night cruise " at Old Town...we LOVE the place...
All this travel talk is makin me ITCH 4 more...LOL.
Well all stay safe, b-good...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote