Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Monte Verde RV Park in Angel Fire: WBCCI discount maybe?

Since the word is out elsewhere, I guess we should announce it here: Maria and I have sold our RV Park and Campground in Angel Fire.

We think -- but not totally sure yet -- that the new owners are going to continue with the 50% discount for WBCCI members. Best is to call in advance and confirm, I'd think. They'll keep our old phone number, 575-377-3404.

As for Maria and me, we'll be taking care of some medical stuff and then heading south and westward for lower elevations and warmer temperatures. Have no idea what that might imply, but there it is.

So if you see our rig, you'll know!

Lynn
Old 09-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Best of Luck

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Angel Fire 2009

Hi Lynn; Good luck in your new direction. I was just thinking of our stay at Angel Fire in October 2009. DW, Dorothy, along with Richard and Jan Girard, now president of WBCCI, spent a night at your RV park. You, Marie and the four of us went to town for Chinese. It was a wonderful experience at your place and a pleasure meeting you and Marie. If you are going to attend the Balloon Fiesta you can always find us at Pat Cahalan's bar. He carries it in the back of his truck.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Darn, was heading that way in a couple summers when we retire. Was hoping to meet you. Wish you the best of luck

Mike
Rocket53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Congrats, Lynn! While it wasn't for me, I appreciate all the info you sent about the park when I asked. Good health and happy camping!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Jan and I were fortunate enough to spend a couple of days at the park about two weeks ago. It was our 6th visit in about that many years and while Angel Fire is still a great place to visit, it will not be the same without our good friends Maria and Lynn. We wish you both the very best and hope to see you in Arizona soon.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . Good luck to y'all, and I hope we'll seeyou in the Valley of the Sun soon. . . I'll also be tending bar at Pat's Bar at the Balloon Fest, so stop by if you can. . . Regards, Craig
Old 09-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #8
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Glad to hear you are going to be moving on after wanting to for a while. I suspect you'll miss the community around your campground, but you'll not miss the work. Some people get a second childhood, you get a second retirement.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1971 18' Caravel
Charlotte , North Carolina
Lynn,

Best of luck with the next chapter(adventure)of your life off the mountain. We spent a couple of days with you last summer coming back from Farmington International.

I try to get to Philmont every summer but last summer I had my wife and AS along for the visit. You may us feel very welcome to the high country. We love being in the NM mountains and the adventure of chasing Cut Throat Trout.

Before coming out last summer I asked around our part of the country(Carolina's & VA) and your RV park was mention a lot, "great host and beautiful country." Then I check with my contacts at Philmont and you all had high marks with the ranch folks.

God Bless, take care, be safe and we will see you down the road in our silver home.

Best regards,

John & Anne Ashworth
Charlotte, NC
Big Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:36 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Thank you all for the kind comments! We're both really looking forward to getting on the road. I'll tell you, I kind of get the fun shivers every time I get into the Airstream. And even though we've got a bunch of med stuff to take care of before we can head out with destination unknown, we're excited!

Lynn
Old 09-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Congratulations, Lynn. Happy Trails.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
helotes , Texas
About a month ago my wife, my two dogs. and myself spent ten days in Angel Fire at the Angle Fire RV resort. We loved the place. During our stay we were joined by my wife's sister, who came in from Colorado, and stayed in the cabin at Monte Verde. She spoke very highly of Maria and Lynn, whom she said went out of their way to accommodate her And make her feel welcome. The day after she left, and the day before we had to go, I stopped in to buy propane. When Lynn found out I was a fellow Streamer we talked about WBCCI membership and his vintage AS. Lynn sent me away with several copies of the Blue Beret (WBCCI magazine). I wish Lynn and his wife the best. I hope we bump into each other again.

Best Regards
Al Damiani
aldamiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Dallas , Texas
Congratulations and best of luck. We stayed at your place twice a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed ourselves. Loved those Happy Hours.

Russ
russingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Lynn & Maria... Let us add our congrats and best wishes for your next chapter... We, too, have stayed in your park and had a great time ... had intended to setback there, but we have now waited too long! BUT, we know you've been working on this move for some time, so we are glad that it's finally happening for you....

Now ... Get thee to the sunshine, lower altitude and warmer weather! Keep us informed of where you are or planning to land... AZ is a good option for you ,.. but then I'm biased in that area.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
La Luz , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Since the word is out elsewhere, I guess we should announce it here: Maria and I have sold our RV Park and Campground in Angel Fire.

We think -- but not totally sure yet -- that the new owners are going to continue with the 50% discount for WBCCI members. Best is to call in advance and confirm, I'd think. They'll keep our old phone number, 575-377-3404.

As for Maria and me, we'll be taking care of some medical stuff and then heading south and westward for lower elevations and warmer temperatures. Have no idea what that might imply, but there it is.

So if you see our rig, you'll know!

Lynn
Dear Lyn & Maria,

So happy for you both. However all of your friends in New Mexico Unit 069, will miss you both. Thank you for all the wonderful memories, you guys are special to this unit. You have always been so warm and welcoming. See you down the road. Happy Trails from Jack & Joanne and all the members of New Mexico Unit 069
SilverPalace is offline   Reply With Quote