Old 08-10-2004, 06:01 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Hey Cedars

Yep, I'm organizing it, (not the best at it) but I am. Yet another thing I'm sure 'someone' will criticise....oops, I think I spelled that wrong...LOL...

I'm looking forward to it. We've planned to decorate Joey (the Safari), and we should all have a great time. You really should head on out for this one. It's a great time to meet all of these fun and crazy folks from the forum....

It would be great to meet you.

I'll get that thread up again this evening, with updated listings of who's going.

Thanks
Ron

Old 08-10-2004, 08:54 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
It's very, VERY simple, Rachelle. Go to User CP. It's the Buddy/Ignore function.
If you write me, personally, I will do that. Thanks for the tip.

Otherwise, I'll just skip over your nastiness.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #45

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Tony, your experience 'resto-modifying' your first airstream is a pretty common one actually, at least in the car world. I've seen many people get over-enthusiastic, buy a vehicle that needs more than it initially looks like, and work on the wrong things to start with, then get burnt out, run out of money etc. Don't kick yourself too hard. You live and learn, and a lot of first projects go like this one has. My first mustang did.

When you started it my initial thought was that you were really jumping in ahead of yourself. The preferred order would have been to do the mechanicals, then the interior, mostly because you might have to dig into your new interior to fix the mechanicals later. So remember on your next AS to do the mechanical and safety stuff first/interior last.

I saw your AS in person and thought you did a great job on it, for a start. Sure there was more to do, but you made that clear to everyone. And you're right, it's not serious business, it's all for fun. We're talking about trailers here! I'm sure you'll find someone who wants to finish that one up, and hopefully get your money back out of it.

My other rule is not to buy anything I don't want myself. That's just in case it won't sell and hangs around longer than I want. When I picked up the Bambi I quickly realized restoring trailers is a game for someone with more spare time, money, and space than me! That's why I sold it to concentrate on the one we're keeping, the Caravel.

For what it's worth, I think it took a lot of guts to dig in and do what you did, share it with everyone along the way, and you did a pretty good job at it!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:28 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Why, thank you, Summerkid, for the correction. I was a very little girl when Mr. Agnew said this, so I suppose I wasn't in quite the position you were in to remember its precise wording and context.

However, there is a context to this overall discussion that I, for one, would appreciate if you'd take into deeper consideration before writing back again. The issues you won't stop writing about of are Ron and Tony's concerns--not yours or, for that fact, anyone else's. The only reason Ron wrote to the forum with the story was because word got around that there was a tale to be told and he was requested to write in with it.

Speaking of quotes, there's a saying that I always like to reference when find myself taking my own opinion too seriously: No human is ever truly capable of expressing the truth, but is condemned to merely providing opinion. I don't think anyone fails to understand your opinion, so restating it isn't promoting your perspective, it's just hurting feelings and causing people to question your motives.

I don't think anyone ever expected your sympathy, but we'd all be much happier if you'd just let this issue drop.

Now I want to go back to my merry malapropisms and joyful misuse of quotes.

Thanks,

Mary

Quote:
The correct phrase, Mary, is "nattering nabobs of negativism," courtesy Spiro T. Agnew, further proof that you have only a vague--and yet sloppy!--idea of what you're talking about here. You're confusing a refusal to champion mediocrity with some desire to promulgate criticism.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Personally

I wish you ALL would stop using such big words...LOL....

I is an un-educated person. Although, spell check would be a nice thing to have on the forum.

Anyway, back to us....

Thanks Stef, for your kind words, Burnt out, I am, broke, I am, chances that I'll give up another airstream project...NEVER!!!! I'll just do it right next time. My entire life has been 'Live and Learn' (I'm not sure who originally quoted that though) sometimes I learn for the better, sometimes i learn for the worse. But anyway I Live, I have great tales to tell in the long run.

So many of my friends get upset when I don't have a story to tell... because no matter how happy or how sad it is, it's always dramatically funny.... I enjoy telling these tales as much as some people enjoy listening to them. And RARELY am I ever in search of sympathy. So, until my next great adventure.....

Ron
Old 08-10-2004, 11:07 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
Oh, by the way, at least I had a tow vehicle prior to purchasing my airstreams.....
Dang....That really hurt, Ron. I thought we were buds (you know, the "Misery" thing)

'75 Tradewind
Still looking for the perfect tow vehicle
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin can luv
My entire life has been 'Live and Learn' (I'm not sure who originally quoted that though) sometimes I learn for the better, sometimes i learn for the worse. But anyway I Live, I have great tales to tell in the long run.
Some people live and learn.

Others just live.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:02 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
It's "Ron & the Banshees"! Well, except for Stef. Meanwhile, my inbox is filling up with supportive messages, every one of them from men ... interesting breakdown ...
Old 08-10-2004, 01:14 PM   #51
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
It's "Ron & the Banshees"! Well, except for Stef. Meanwhile, my inbox is filling up with supportive messages, every one of them from men ... interesting breakdown ...
Hey, I ain't no banshee! (What IS a banshee, btw? Guess it's time for a web search... )
1997 E350
nettepdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:33 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Wow...

My dear Banshee's... she still doesn't get it does she....

Oh well. just laugh her away...at least you banshee's have the nerve to post your support for us all to see.....

On with our happy thread...LOL....

So.. anyone ELSE have good stories to tell about rt. 66 or any horror stories about hotels...???
Old 08-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Definition of "Banshee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepdx
Hey, I ain't no banshee! (What IS a banshee, btw? Guess it's time for a web search... )

Definition from the Encarta World English Dictionary:

1.Spirit who warns of death in Gaelic folklore; a spirit who appears wailing, to signal that somebody in the household is about to die

I don't think that's what she meant; it's not in the proper context... but I'm not sure that she even KNOWS what she means.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Dear Nettepdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo-kid1
Definition from the Encarta World English Dictionary:

I don't think that's what she meant; it's not in the proper context... but I'm not sure that she even KNOWS what she means.
I do have a few ideas of definitions that COULD fit this situation, I am relatively well educated, but I'm not going to load this thread with ammo.

PM me, if you wish.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #55
2 Rivet Member

i loved tcl's entire trip...and all of the minute by minute calls to our home. it was hilarious!
"laughter is the best medicine" and he sure knows how to make me/us laugh.
by the way, thanks for stopping by the house last night to drop off the gifts. that was so nice of you guys!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Alert the mediators

She is wishing me to die??? Wow, she has made it evidently clear that you shouldn't post here if you don't speak properly.... So she must have meant it..

On with the thread.. Here are some pics of the WILDLIFE seen on the trip... exotic...eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wildlife.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	8253   Click image for larger version

Name:	wildlife3.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	8255  

Click image for larger version

Name:	wildlife5.JPG