Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Missouri State Parks in off season

After buying our AS last fall we have been using it in Arkansas for weekend trips only. We are planning/researching our first week long trip in Northern Arkansas and Southeast Missouri for spring break. Does anybody know how shut down the MO state parks are in the off season (Oct thru Apr). I gather they leave power on with water off. I'm curious if their dump stations are still open.

I can't really call till Monday, so I thought I would throw the question out on the forums.
Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
They have a site on the internet. Why would you need to call?
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Little Rock , Arkansas
I didn't think the info on their site was very clear.....
Old 10-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Have you ever been to the Mississippi River State Park in Marianna, AR? We camped there a couple of weeks ago.... it was wonderful.

also, this weekend is the Midwest Airstream rally in Grove OK, there is a link on the rally page.
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Little Rock , Arkansas
We will actually be at Mississippi River SP in a few weeks. We tried once last fall, but cancelled due to rain. I'm looking forward to it.

I did speak with someone at a MO state park ( Johnson's Shut-In). They shut off most all water in the off season, and they do not accept reservations for the off season. Some campgrounds ( Johnson's Shut In) offer one bathhouse, but state no potable water is available?? It still isn't clear if the dump stations are available in off season. One would think there wouldn't be an issue leaving access to sewer, but they specially state dump stations as an 'on season' amenity. The person I talked too wasn't sure.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
K.C. , Missouri
I frequent the Weston Bend St park in NW Missouri thru the winter. Very peaceful, often with just a few campers and the CG host there.

This park has frost free hydrants in several places in the park that are in operation year round. The vault toilets are open, however the showerhouse that has running water and flush toilets is closed in winter. Electricity is available at the camp sites, and I have never seen the dump station closed, although I don't use it in the winter. I leave my trailer winterized, and just use the vault toilets at camp.
The nightly fee is a few dollars cheaper during the winter.
gmw photos is offline   Reply With Quote