Old 11-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Military RV Parks in western and Central Florida

I am looking for advice on military RV parks in Central and western Florida for mid February.

Thanks

Old 11-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Check out this web site:U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

It's a dedicated web site that lists by state what MWR facilities are available. Florida has quite a few here in the panhandle and others across the state to include the Keys.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
One of my favorites is the Navy's Blue Angels park in Pensacola. Try to get in the new section for full hook ups.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
One of my favorites is the Navy's Blue Angels park in Pensacola. Try to get in the new section for full hook ups.
The new section is Battleship Row. It's positively plush. The new bathhouse even has a pet washing station!
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
All the military rv parks in southern states are heavily used during the winter months by snowbirds (like us) and full-timers. Most parks have some sort of limitations on length of stay, and each one is different.

Best to look up parks you may be interested in and call to get an idea what availability is, and a few take reservations. Often it is first-come basis, but many have non-hookups areas while you wait for a full hookup sites to be available. Typically a few days.

Cheryl and I served among the camp hosts for a season in Tucson, AZ a few years ago. Great experience, made a lot of friendships that we still enjoy.

Usually they are restricted to active duty, retired, 100% disabled military members or retired DOD employees. I understand a few camps have opened up to general use to fill out vacant sites, but that is not the rule. Interesting that these military parks are not always the best deal in town, sometimes local RV resorts offer a full array of amenities for much less long-term cost.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
The new section is Battleship Row. It's positively plush. The new bathhouse even has a pet washing station!
The older section is sort of rustic and does have its charms. They did an excellent job on the new section. I was very impressed the first time I went over right after it first opened and have stayed several times in the last couple of years. The Navy also has another RV park over on base close to the Aviation Museum. Many full timers live there and at Blue Angels. I believe their rules limit stay to 3 months and then you have to move out for 2 weeks. Sneaky part is all you have to do is move to one of the other sections and then move back to your preferred section.

Another good park closer to Pensacola is the Federal park at Fort Pickens out on the island. $12 a night with the Federal Access Pass.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
MacDill has a nice Famcamp. It can be a little breezy and you may have to rotate through three way, two way and dry camping if you want a long term stay but the system is fair. I believe the Famcamp at Patrick is run the same way.

Mike
Goofy dog, dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
My thanks for the input. I will try either Destin or the blue angels. Just want to stay a week or two
Old 11-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Tyndal AFB is nice. Several years ago we spent a week there. I understand that all sites are full hook-up now. When we were there we had water / electric only. Either way it's still a nice location

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We stayed at Oak Grove Navy RV Park, another good one. Maybe 200 feet to the beach on the Gulf coast, Naval Aviation Museum across the street.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote