Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Midwest (Indy) -> South Florida - Suggestions on Locations to Stop?

Hello Everyone,

I'm reaching out for some assistance on ideas for a route from my home in Indy to South Florida. We will be visiting some friends for several months in Florida and want to take our time getting down this time and make some meaningful stops.

I'm thinking about taking 1 to 2 weeks traveling on my way down and making some meaningful stops. We were thinking, Red River Gorge area of Kentucky (Danielle Boone), Asheville, NC, Savannah, GA, and maybe even St. Augustine, FL.

I'm sure this midwest to south florida route has been done many times over by the community here, so I figured I would ask. Places to visit, things to see, good campgrounds to stop at??? Thanks in advance for the help!
Mikee6453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Midwest (Indy) -> South Florida - Suggestions on Locations to Stop?

Red River Gorge is very nice. They have zip lines in the area. Also think about Mammoth cave, or a visit to the Corvette assembly plan near Bowling Green. Head towards Huntsville Alabama and make a stop at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. In Northwest Georgia, there's a nice state park called Cloudland Canyon State Park. Great views and hiking. The panhandle of Florida has great beaches and take a drive down 30A for the scenery and stop in Seaside to see the Airstream's that are used to serve food and beverages.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Helen Ga is fun and you can stay at Top of Ga AS park if you are Wally members. Also the Ga Mt Fairgrounds in Hiawasse is a nice country type place in N Ga. Don't get routed to US 129 in Tn. Too many curves. Peace, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote