Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2007 27' Classic FB
Havelock , North Carolina
Miami Boat Show, any campgrounds near?

We are planning to go to the Miami Boat show in February 12th- 16th. In the past~ pre-airstream we drove there and stayed near the airport in a hotel and it was an easy commute to the show near the venetian causeway. Show Information
Does anyone know of a campground that may be convenient to that area? Maybe someone familiar with the area could give me an idea.
Our other option is to leave the AS at home and do the hotel thing again but it would be nice to get another camping trip out of it and be able to bring the cat.

nsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
you can try here but it's hard to get something from jan-march.

Park and Recreation

2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
As noted, John and Penny Thompson Park is the only County Park with a campground. It is nigh near impossible to get into it during Dec-Mar. There is also the Miami Everglades Campground that is a fairly decent former KOA.

Both are located in deep Southwest Miami-Dade County and I am guessing the commute to the Miami Beach Convention Center (boat show central) is at best 45 minutes at worst easily twice that.

There are a couple of more or less mobile home parks in Homestead hat have some transient sites but even farther from MB.

Might want to consider parking your Airstream at Miami Everglades (or one of the Broward County parks) and going back to the hotel you stayed at before.

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
boat show

We have a brokerage and will have a boat in the show. TY Park in Hollywood right around from our house. We stayed one weekend, clean right up against I95 and RR. Smith Park out further west. We are staying at Big Cypress RV Resort for TDay its out I75 in the willies. South Dade near zoo is Larry & Penny Thompson Park & Campground.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote