Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
jacking up with the stabilizers down...I have avoided that folley so far with my checklist (which I used "most" of the time, but need to use EVERY time) repeated screw up (well twice now anyway) is pulling my airstream out of my yard, then when in road, use the jack to lift the trailer to tighten up the WD jacks...then pull off...wait...oh crap...let the jack back down...get about 6 inches upon releasing my brake and hear the grinding noise on the concrete....luckily no damage...STOOOOOPID.

But if someone saw me going to jack up the trailer and I had stabilizers down...feel free to HOLLAR AT ME PLEASE!!!

I am nearly 1 year in on being an airstreamer and have taken several trips now and without any major incidents...a few notable near misses....gotta stay vigilant....

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #30
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
On my Bambi II if I moved with the stabilizers in place I would of simply rolled off them. I did do that once, no harm done. With my new trailer major damage could result from making the same stupid mistake. The 2006 Safari is much more complex in almost every system and way than the old Bambi. I really have to be on my toes or I can easily screw something up if I do not pay attention.

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post

But if someone saw me going to jack up the trailer and I had stabilizers down...feel free to HOLLAR AT ME PLEASE!!!
I guess that's when an audience is MOST welcome
Steve; also known as Mr UK Toad

"You can't tow that with that!"
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:01 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Tonganoxie , Kansas
"Mennonites may prove too squishy. "

This Mennonite is not at all squishy...
I know what it's like to have a audience, the more people watching, the more you tend to screw things up. As a semi driver for the last 10 years, I've had plenty of times to prove that.

TWA640316 is offline   Reply With Quote