Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
I am still working, but only require a connection to the internet for my work. I do software development and software testing on two laptops, one with windows and the other with linux. In addition I maintain a remote server which needs monitoring daily. Most of the time I work from a home office, but many times will be working from various campgrounds either using wifi or using an air card to connect to the internet. This has worked quite well and is especially nice for a change of scenery.

dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
I Bought it I Broke it...
1976 31' Sovereign
Migratory , North America
I wonder...would people be interested in a web page that basically just lists out other full-timing or lots-of-the-timing Airstreamers who are living / working from their rigs? Just something simple that people could submit their info to be listed on, maybe a cool way to find a big list of people to start communicating with, maybe meetup every now and then?

My family and I have been full-timing via various modes of travel since 2008. Going on two years in our '76 Sovereign.
clicknathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
1995 34' Excella
Corinth , Mississippi
I am a preacher that pastored 40 years and now, semi-retired, I airstream around through several states preaching for pastors that I know. I am having the time of my life.
Why settle for anything less?
1995 34ft Classic Excella 1000
2012 Kings Ranch F-250 FX-4, 6.7 diesel, 6 speed auto trans.
TAC # MS-8
Hodum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
I'm still working full time but have a couple services I can offer to my fellow campers: haven't started yet, and will roll it out soon.

One of our NorCal fellow 'streamers is an expert on repairs/improvments and has provided assistance during our local rallies. If you have a house on wheels it always needs something and some of those things need real expertise. Who else has a spare deep-cycle battery in case you need it, or can properly reseal those holes in the top?

Cliff & Andrea,
2 cats, but they stay home
TerraYacht is offline   Reply With Quote