Old 06-27-2016, 06:22 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Thank you for all of your help and suggestions. And offers of help with towing!!

After investigating, we found most of the campgrounds suggested are already booked up for the season, or are no cheaper than where we are at. Just for the sake of less stress in our lives, right now, the decision was made to just stay put. Expensive, yes, but one less burden on our over taxed minds!

I think our main need right now, is prayer - for those of you who believe in that sort of thing.

ARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:46 AM   #16
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Most campgrounds give a discounted monthly rate, which may help if you are not already getting that.

One day at a time, or a moment or decision at a time.

Do your part, things will get better, tho maybe not as quickly nor exactly as you would like.

Chin up. It's a test.

Keep us posted, and good luck to you.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
2016 28' Flying Cloud
Moneta , Virginia
If you just purchased a new Airstream it came with 2 years towing. I am sure your situation qualifies you.
KenBrodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I'd see if the Portland ME Ford dealer will do a trade on the wrecked truck for a new one using the insurance payment as cash in the deal. The Ford dealers cost to repair the truck and sell it is not near what the insurance company is probably paying so I'd give it a shot if you have not already.

My daughter wrecked her car but her insurance company would not total so I went to my Ford dealer with her banged up Honda and cut a deal for her with my sales guy. She came out with a brand new car, and a good deal and the Ford dealer repaired the Honda in their spare time and sold it for a nice profit.

Good luck

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2008 23' Safari SE
Houston , Texas
Way to Go Sid, helping someone in need. You were there for us. I'll be in touch. Need to run some stuff by you.

Rocket53 is offline   Reply With Quote