Old 01-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
They are also still a Passport America Campground, giving half off one night per stay.

We have stayed there a number of times, and it is wonderful to be able to just walk the Quarter and then go back.

Especially if one is into the nightlife there, can hop in a cab and be home in a few minutes.

A bit pricey, but it is very nice and also New Orleans.... and, they are right on the edge of the Quarter.

Maggie

Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
I am a native New Orleanian, full-timer and I stay on the NorthShore. Guess if I were to go to nightlife in the Quarter I would stay at a beautiful Hotel. Night is very dangerous in the Quarter. My daughter lives in ByWater (behind the Quarter). Her place is gated and no one goes out alone at night.

NorthShore is a bit of a drive across the bridge but really is a nice drive. We stay at Fairview and Fountainbleau State Parks at least 3 weeks a year. So much to see and do not miss Cajun country. We saw Cajun Mardi Gras out of Mamou and it was memorable. Great place to stay is Chicot State Park. Happy Trails.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #17
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Double vote for Chicot Park. No sewer at sites Thai I know of. It is near Ville Platte. Plan to cook your own food. It may be Cajun Country, but all the nice restaurant owners have lived out their passion to do it, many reasons.

Now, when you go to Mamou for Fat Tuesday, make sure you have designated driver and pass a good time.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Found Miss Lily at Chicot State Park 5 years ago, and took her to the Vet in Ville Platte when we left with her 3 days later.

The Quarter can be dangerous at night, especially parts of it, but we were always careful where we went and when, and never had a problem.

Our nights always ended relatively early, too....early for the Quarter, anyway.

The FQRV Park is also gated and very secure.

Maggie