Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2016 27' International
Estero , Florida
Looking for some recommendations for TN Campsites

Evening everyone!

We are going to head to the Smokeys next September and we are looking for some reviews of places to stay in Nashville and Gatlinburg. We like having hook-ups and sites with trees so they are not stacked on ontop of another!

Hit us up with some of your experiences please. We're pulling a 28 International.

KariRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
Hi. We just spent a week exploring Nashville from Seven Points Campground, 15 minutes due east of the city, on a huge and beautiful lake, lots of trees and decent separation, with many waterfront sites. (Water and electric, but no sewers.) Highly recommended.

jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Dallas , Texas
Ditto on Seven Points. One of our favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Dana and Olga
2006 Safari 23
2011 Tundra Double Cab
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member
2017 22' Sport
Hermitage , Tennessee
My wife and I picked up our new 22FB last Saturday outside of Knoxville and headed for Tremont Campground in Townsend ( for our very first night camping in 30 years of marriage! We live in Nashville but grew up not far from Townsend, so it felt like we were 15 again, returning to where we spent many days playing in Little River. The campground is clean, quiet and secluded feeling. It is right at the National Park boundary and also close to a grocery store, hardware store and restaurants. The only slight bummer is the constant stream of folks tubing the river, thanks to the commercial tubing companies that have popped up in Townsend. We camped in Section B at a spot right above the river and the rapids below provided that heavenly sound of rushing water. There is a KOA nearby, but I don't know anything about it.

In the Nashville area, the only campground I am familiar with is Seven Points. We drove through it before we bought our camper and it looks really nice. It is well maintained and right on Percy Priest lake.

Safe travels!
Mike Lonas
2017 Sport 22FB
2015 Ford Explorer 3.5L EcoBoost
mlonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Some Guy

Nashville , Tennessee
Imagination Mountain (formerly Jellystone Smokey Mountain) is in Cosby just east of Gatlinburg. There are rushing creeks all throughout, but the challenge is finding a time when they aren't booked.

Very clean family-owned.

The Jarretts
Nashville, Tennessee
2015 25' Eddie Bauer
2015 F250 TV-Petrol
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:24 AM   #6
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You have some Corps of Engineer Campgrounds near you that are very nice.

I especially love Harpeth River Bridge, just west of Nashville.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #7
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Oxford, , Mississippi
Most of the campgrounds in the Smokies are "tight". We like staying in Townsend much better than the Gatlinburg area. Much more peaceful, and closer to Cade's Cove. I have stayed at both the KOA and Lazy Days. Lazy Days is older and frankly a little run down but had lots of trees and if you call early enough they have sites where you back up overlooking the river and you have your own deck. KOA has similar sites at bout 3x the price. Both campgrounds had very nice folks running them. If you dry camp, Elkmont and Cades Cove inside the park are beautiful.
Bruce & Rachel
68 Trade Wind
2001 Toyota Tundra
68 TWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
We've been to Nashville many times and the convince of staying on Music Valley Dr. near the Opry, Opry Hotel, restaurants and the Opry Mills Mall is important to us. Their are 3 campgrounds there, our preference is Jellystone CG.

Last September we visited the Smoky Mountains & stayed at Up the Creek Campground in Pigeon Forge, a small beautiful CG with spacious well kept sites. I recommend both.

Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote