Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master
Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Question Looking for Inexpensive campground in Millington Tn.

I may need to be in the Millington area for three weeks during the month of November 2009.

I might be attending the Swift driving academy to upgrade my CDL.

Since the room and board are not covered in the cost of the class I was thinking of taking the airstream. This may be a way for us to save a little money and not be stuck with a smoker, heavy drinker, wont shower, cant pickup after him self slob, that has just gotten off drugs long enough to get a new license (not that getting off drugs is bad I just dong want the headache that a user would bring).

So my thought is that if I take the trailer down I would have my own bed, my space, my own food, and the like...

The cost would be close to the same I think because with the trailer I would get 10 mpg, around 25 a night for a site (free or cheaper would be better) and be able to prepare my own food. With out the Airstream I drive the Honda down 28 mpg or better, stay in a hotel 30+ a night and have to eat out at least two meals a day.

See where I am coming from?

Help me find a CHEAP OR FREE place to stay for three weeks around Millington TN. (this is on the north side of Nashville)

Have a great day!

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 24
Malakoff , Texas
TN State Parks: Find A Park
U.S. National Park Service - Experience Your America

kennethowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
FYI, Shelby Forest state park is ok but always has a major mosquito problem and no sewer.
Roadtoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Meeman-Shelby Forest is close to Millington around $18 a night no sewer connection at site 20/50 amp service, water and dump station OK if you have a blue tank.
While I have visited the Shelby Forest I have never visited the CG so don't know conditions at the park you can call for information 800-471-5293 or 901-876-5215.

If you require full hook-ups I have staved at the Agricenter at Shelby farms in Memphis I think it is around $25 a day. A "longer" drive but close to shopping nothing great about the CG but they have 300 sites, washer & dryers, a monthly rate $400 mo, good WIFI but no satellite hook-up.

garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
If you happened to be retired military there is a fairly nice Famcamp on base.

n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
courtesy parking?

You could always go to the courtesy parking list and do an advanced search and see if there are some forums members in TN in that area. Hopefully, the weather will be good.

Larry and Lou
CP: Water/30 amp/waste dump/WIFI & Room for 2-3 units; PM us if you are headed our direction!
Air #2695
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote