Old 02-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78SovIntl31 View Post
I am looking to park my trailer in a campground for the season, although I will take it on a couple of road trips this year. Can anyone recomend campgrounds that accept older trailers? I have been turned down by several parks now because the trailer is over 10 years old. My trailer is in nice condition, and frankly looks much better than most of the new white box trailers out there.
Preferably +/- hour drive from Brantford/ Cambridge area.

Thanks!
Call your trailer a 2009 Airstream 31' International Anniversary model and all should be well

Old 02-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #30

Currently Looking...
Listowel , Ontario
London Fanshawe is a good place to start.

You might try London Fanshawe on the Upper Thames for a place for your older trailer, some trailers are pretty scary there ! I don't know if there's a grandfather clause at work, but I see lots of old trailers there. I would think it's about an hours drive from Brantford.

Actually there's three parks in the Upper Thames group, London, St Marys & Woodstock. They are all on the internet to look and reserve too.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:57 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Penfield , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasduess View Post
Call your trailer a 2009 Airstream 31' International Anniversary model and all should be well
Hello! You might try Valens lake Conservation area, 30 min outside Cambridge. It has a decent campground managed by Hamilton, Ontario. I was there in October 2013 and noticed a storage yard and option that appeared well organized and clean. A popular alternative for many people! Good luck!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
Shore Acres in Port Dover is a nice quiet park right on the lake and just outside beautiful Port Dover.
Not much at the park for activities but lots to do in Dover and surrounding area.

My parents have their 5th wheel there and there are at least 2 Airstreams that live there. One gentleman who full times in an 80s or 90s 34' and uses Shore Acres as his summer spot. There's also a 70's Airstream that is parked permanently. they have both "permanent" and short term campsites, almost all sites have full hookups, and the rates are reasonable, especially if you don't have slides which they charge extra for.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 24
St. Thomas , Ontario
Another spot could be Deer Creek Conservation Area on County Road #45, about 30 minutes north and west of Long Point. Our neighbour used to park his 30 year old trailer (not AS) there for the summer. They close the park on Thanksgiving and everything hasnto be out.
with 3.5L EcoBoost
crunch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #34
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch27 View Post
They close the park on Thanksgiving and everything hasnto be out.
I'm guessing that has to do with their insurance policy...
Old 02-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Paris , Ontario
Thanks everyone, I have sen't emails to several campgrounds suggested, and others - just waiting for replies. - For anyone looking, Shore Acres in Port Dover lists a No Pet Policy,Deal breaker for me, but might work for you. - I'm not going anywhere without Winston, my Bernese Mountain Dog,
Old 02-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #36

Currently Looking...
Listowel , Ontario
Ticks and Dogs.

Just remember when choosing a park for the dog that there could be ticks there if going down towards Lake Erie. I was at Rondeau two years ago and decided not to go back, even though I love the park in the warm days of autumn. Had three dogs, deer ticks & testing for lime disease. Even the wife got one. Cost for testing, worrying what we missed on the dogs. It just wasn't worth it for us with dogs, and what's camping without your dog(s) ?
Longpoint too just for a daytrip, we found a couple of dog ticks (not deer ticks) on the dogs, even though we were careful to stay away from the tall grasses. We are not parinoid about ticks, but with the dense poodle fur, it's hard to spot them until they get larger in size after a couple days.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #37
EnglishGirl

2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
Looking for good camp sites in Ontario

A friend has a trailer at NET Camping Resort in the Niagara area near Vineland. They are very dog friendly. There is a lovely big field that is used for tent campers and only seems to fill up on busy weekends that is great for the dogs to have an off leash run.
The lake ( pond really) is lovely for the dog that likes to swim.

We have also camped at a lovely park near Hanover Saugeen Springs RV park it's right on the Saugeen River and although dogs must be lashed in the camp ground they have extensive trails where the dogs can be off leash as well as a small dog park. We never used the dog park but the trails were wonderful for our whippets to run. We have a 2000 31 Excella and never had an issue. We saw a lovely restored oldie Airstream the first time we went. You can tube down the river from 2 drop in points one ends in the park the other a couple of miles down the road.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Paris , Ontario
Thanks All,
We have decided on Country Gardens RV Park in Petersburg, ON
Country Gardens RV Park - Home Page

Josh