Old 03-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Oooh, timely thread, I really need to start planning my April trip to the west coast! Thanks for asking the question, Cara!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Zlee,
Where are you planning to go? Wine country is always fabulous!

1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Sonoma/Napa Wine Country , Northern California
This is my favorite in print atlas when 'streaming. Little green/yellow tents for public campgrounds all over continent... Not much help for finding RV parks, but they're more of a last resort/stopover spot for us (or they come from a pre-googled contingency list from home.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2920993891.png
Views:	48
Size:	940.1 KB
ID:	153388   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-136778190.png
Views:	59
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	153389  

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Mod View Post
Cameron,
I love the picture of your two buddies. Have you seen a silver Lab? It seems appropriate for this forum. If you haven't seen a silver Lab, google it. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics, I'll put up one of our silver Lab, Jet. He's our 6 month old silver stow-a-way.
Thanks for the compliment. I love my two Labs. I've seen silver labs, but there is quite a bit of controversy over that colour and I'll leave it at that. As long as you love him, that's what's important.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Mod
Zlee,
Where are you planning to go? Wine country is always fabulous!
I'm from the Bay Area originally, and I'll be attending the NorCal rally at the Casini Ranch love Wine Country!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Fresno , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
Thanks for the compliment. I love my two Labs. I've seen silver labs, but there is quite a bit of controversy over that colour and I'll leave it at that. As long as you love him, that's what's important.

Ah ha, so I take it you don't believe they are a pure Lab? hmmm? It's so easy to assume that there is Weimeraner mixed in. But the color is caused by a genetic anomoly. It kinda like getting an albino. The silver color has always been around but was considered undesireable so breeders bred away from 'silver-factored' dogs. Now, silvers are considered a 'designer dog' and fetch a fine price. They are technically a chocolate, but the genetic make up causes the color to be diluted. Diluted colors exist in all breeds. He looks very gray in some lights and mocha in others. Our pup's pedigree goes back over 30 years...no Weimeraners.
You are a Lab person, like we are, when you see one in person, you will know it's a Lab.
We lost our 12 year-old Chocolate Lab, Bear, last August. Boy, we sure do miss him. He used to tent camp with us. Would have been nice to take him 'streaming. But Jet, the silver, fits in quite appropriately I do believe.
1977 31' Sovereign "The Mod Pod"
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Mrs.Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Mod View Post
Yes, thank you to all. These are great suggestions. I think I would really love to have a book in print. You never know where or when you will NOT have cell service. Does Rand Mcnally have such a thing?
We buy the current Woodalls campground guide every year. 2012 North American Campground Directory for Directories at Woodall's

Current campground information is also available online at RV Campgrounds, RV Camping, RV Rentals, RV Parks, RV Resorts - Woodalls , but like you say, you don't always have cell service.

Our preference for Woodalls over the Trailer Life guide is that Woodalls seems to have more state, county, and municipal campgrounds listed; the Trailer Life guide seems to be more oriented toward commercial RV parks. (I believe they are both actually published by the same conglomerate, Affinity.)

But as has been pointed out earlier, there is no one campground guide that has all the campgrounds listed, or even close to all of them.

I second the earlier recommendation to the RV Park Reviews web site RV Park Reviews :: Home which is a good source of information. They also list some campgrounds that aren't in any of the guides!