Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #141
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
My best remembered interaction at a gas stop was when I pulled in to get fuel, and cramped a bit to the right to avoid a fuel delivery truck. Got the step wedged on top of a high curb and basically was stuck. The driver of the fuel truck spotted my predicament, and came over quickly to let me know that he would help me get unstuck just as soon as he was done filling the station tanks. He didn't want me to damage that "Nice shiny Airstream" any further.

After he finished, disconnected, did his paperwork, and then backed his double tanker rig out of the way, he came over and spent 15 minutes coaching me and spotting to safely get me off the curb and lined up to the pumps properly. Super nice guy, and his kindness is still appreciated. He didn't give his name, but he was a real prince of a fellow--he didn't have to spend the time to sort out a confused newbie that was actually blocking his easy exit...

Step is still a bit wonky, but I remember the kindness of this stranger on a rough afternoon somewhere in Texas...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #142
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Check your vacuum breaker while flushing

So this very thread got me feeling guilty for not flushing my tank very often so at home this week I flushed into a 5g bucket to then dump into our clean out from the house. All went according to plan untill water started running out the belly pan below the tank, somewhat panicking thinking that was not an accessible location that was now wet. Only place that is accessible is the vanity cabinet so looked in there to find the anti-siphon valve dripping and wrapped in a paper towel? apparently not the first time it was discovered to leak?
So I removed it to find a pure piece of garbage they call an anti-siphon valve, made entirely of plastic and NOT serviceable so as to clean the little bit of debris off the gasket and seat that was causing it to leak.
Off to the irrigation supply for a pvc threaded street ell and short nipple, tapered the connections with a countersink and reinstalled with a test and no more leak into the trailer interior.

And while in the cabinet I noticed the tail piece from the sink into the P trap was cut too short and only into the trap about a 1/16" and I had dislodged that doing the other work, luckily I had a new flair tail piece and I cut it an inch longer than Airstream did the first time and reinstalled that.

It's help full being a plumber when owning an RV, even an Airstream. sheesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2890.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	325647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2897.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	325648  

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote