Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Long Beach, WA, where to camp?

We're heading for the Long Beach, WA beaches, any suggestions on where to camp? Anywhere in that area would be fine. We don't even require hookups. Someplace where I could sit right outside my trailer in a lawn chair and watch the waves would be preferred

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
2009 23' International
Bainbridge Island , Washington
One of our most favorite places to stay is Cape Disappointment State Park at the mouth of the Columbia. Beautiful setting but you can't just sit outside the trailer and watch the surf; you can, however, walk a few yards with your folding chair to the sand. Everyone has their own tastes, of course, but we've never found much on the Long Beach peninsula that fits your description. Long Beach is a wonderful place and well worth the stay, just not much in the way of beach camping. For that, we've always had good luck further North at Pacific Beach and Kalaloch.
jglabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Silver Hilton

1959 24' Tradewind
Astoria , Oregon
Stephanie -
We have a cabin in Long Beach, and spend a lot of time there. We have looked at RV sites, but have not stayed in any of them. Take a look at Andersen's RV Park (www.andersensrv.com) which I think is as close to camping on the beach as you can get on the Peninsula. It is 3.5 miles north of downtown Long Beach. Cape D is also very nice, but a fair distance from campsite to beach. Further north, Kalaloch Lodge rents a "group campsite" south of the lodge and separate from the RV campground located north of the lodge. This is a single private campsite on a bluff 20' above the beach. It's terrific! Not surprisingly, you have to reserve it long in advance. It's getting to be prime time to be on the coast.
Mark
Mark Wiltrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Steph, I know one can drive onto the beach... but I haven't ever seen a trailer there before. Just look out for the yahoo's speeding down the beach.
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Anderson RV park is on the beach but I bet those sites are booked unless it is midweek. The place I think you should try is Sou-west lodge and RV park. The are in Seaview, just south of Long beach, They have a great collection of vintage trailers for rent and just a short walk to the beach. I have't stay there since I live just down the road(Seaside) but drive by every time I'm up that way on work. I'll be up there next Weds if you want me to check it out.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Lynn and I are sport kite fliers, so we spend two weeks every August in Long Beach for the Washington State International Kite Festival. We have stayed every year at Anthony's Home Court and RV Park. No sand, no surf, but quiet and comfortable. We started staying there because that was the onoly olace that had space the first year we attended the festival.

We have kite flier friends who stay at "Pegg's Oceanside RV Park". They have been staying there for years. Peggs is an adult only park on the west side of the highway about four miles north of the signal at Bolstad, in the middle of town. I think you can walk right out to the beach. Don't know how far it is, but you could call.
It is located at :
15301 Pacific Highway
Long Beach, WA 98631
Tel: (360) 642-2451

The kite festival is the third full week of August. This year it will be the 17th thru the 23rd. If you want to go during that time, you had better get your reservations in yesterday.

Long Beach is a busy place in the summer time.

We really like that little town.
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Ok, I'm not married to the idea of staying in Long Beach, it's just the closest beach to home. Does anyone know of anything like I'm dreaming of along the northern Oregon coast?

Luckily we'll be going midweek. So if we can't stay with a view of the beach, a short walk to the beach will have to do.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Cannon beach

Steph, Cannon Beach has a campground called The Sea Ranch which is on the creek that empties into the Pacific, I think some campsites have a peek of the ocean. Also friends of ours in the wb did this. Then have a campsite but stay hooked up and during the day go park at a beach view wayside with a view and enjoy the day with the trailer and ocean view and then in the evening retire to the campsite.

Nehelem Bay State Park in just a short walk over the dunes to the ocean. Take you chair to the top and see the ocean on one side and your trailer on the other.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
Cloud10

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fox Island , Washington
Anthony's Home Court and RV Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
Lynn and I are sport kite fliers, so we spend two weeks every August in Long Beach for the Washington State International Kite Festival. We have stayed every year at Anthony's Home Court and RV Park. No sand, no surf, but quiet and comfortable. We started staying there because that was the onoly olace that had space the first year we attended the festival.
Jim, thanks for the post on Anthony's Home Court and RV Park. We will be staying there for the first time next week for the July 4th weekend (first time to Long Beach WA and the Pennisula as well).

Good to hear that you are a repeat customer.

Any suggestions on places to go for the first time visitor?

-Scott
smccollister is offline   Reply With Quote