Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
London Ontario

We will be on our way mid-May to Can-Am RV in London, Ontario for hitch work and need a place to park for a couple of nights. Can anyone recommend an RV Park or conservation area/park in the area?

Thanks,

Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
BMG
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
North Central , Florida
Can-Am RV Park

I don't remember the specifics - but I seem to recall Andy T at Can-Am RV mentioning that they owned an RV trailer park near the shop and regularly allowed customers to stay there while the work was being done on their rig.

I may be remembering this wrong - but just in case, you should give them a call and ask.

Regardless, even if my memory is fuzzy on that tidbit above, they are very nice people and will likely go out of their way to provide you with the information you're looking for.

At the time we had our hitch work done, we didn't have our Airstream yet so we didn't need any RV campground information. Regardless, they still pointed us toward the Best Western/Stoneridge Inn & Conference Center located about 2 miles down the road from them.
BMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Evanston , Illinois
Thanks, BMG,

We have stayed at Can-Am previously and have an invitation to stay again. However, since we will arrive the night before the appointment and will stay the following night, we thought it best to investigate an RV Park. We will also have our dog along. But, thanks for the response.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
If you want to explore a bit, and maybe even stay a little longer, there are some beautiful Provincial Parks within 90 minutes drive.

Much closer to London, just on the outskirts of town, is the Fanshawe Conservation Area.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
There's a dinky little KOA on the 401 just to the east of London, maybe 15 mins from Can Am. It's a nice little campground and you do get full service hookups. There's an indoor pool and places for the dogs to run.

I might have gone with Andy's Conservation Area idea only I've not had great experiences with them (not Fanshawe, though). I know people that wouldn't go anywhere else so I guess it's just horses for courses.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
BMG
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
North Central , Florida
No problem Caryl. Sorry the information wasn't more helpful!
BMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Evanston , Illinois
Thanks to all. We will likely book into the KOA. Our plans are to arrive the night before and get to Can-Am about opening time. The work should take only one day. We will stay the night instead of driving on. The KOA will do just fine for a couple of nights.

We are hoping to try some of the Provincial Parks later in the summer. Steve's blogging descriptions of his adventures in these parks has peeked my interest.

So, thanks again to all of you for your help. We are excited about the trip and getting the new Touareg set up.

All the best,

Caryl