Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Tallahassee , Florida
Lincoln, Ne

I have to spend a couple of months in Lincoln this summer. June and July. I have a 25 ft. airstream and was looking for a nice campground. Just the wife and I so would like something a little quiet, with shade, electric and sewer. Might take some side trips but would probably want a home base. I understand Mahoney is nice but they only have 2 sites with sewer and neither available till this fall.

Any ideas.

thanks, Richard
jasper2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Well, the big one seems to be Camp-A-Way, according to Woodalls. Best in the State, they brag. They have everything. And 5 "W"s, (Woodalls best rating) to back it up. A lot of facilities though, which doesn't jive with your quiet shady thinking. www.campaway.com 93 total sites.

Check out Pine Grove RV Park, in Greenwood, NE www.pinegrovervpark.com Greenwood is something like 20 miles away from Lincoln, though. 100 sites total.

At the other end of the spectrum, there's the State Fair Park Campground which is big (199 full hookups, 349 sites total) and sounds close to town (14th St. & Cornhusker Hwy.). Under "additional Facilities", they list ice and Tenting available.

Maybe that's more what you're after. Call them at 402-473-4287

Might be fun to spend some time at each, just for a change of pace...

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
I spent a night at State Fair Campground a few years ago - not a nice place to stay. Very cramped.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1997 30' Limited
Omaha , Nebraska
There are two state parks nearby, Pawnee and Branched Oak. I've not camped at the former. Both parks are on lakes so typically very busy on weekends in the summer. Branched Oak has a lot of campsites and is only 10 to 11 miles away. Most NE state parks are electric only, but this park has full hookups. CampAway is by far the most convenient to Lincoln, but is pricey and may have a lot of highway noise seeing as it is surrounded on two sides by interstate highways.

Hope you enjoy your stay,

Jim

WBCCI #22116
JimW is offline   Reply With Quote