Old 04-08-2015, 08:12 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
No worries at all. One of the positive ***** reviews on Amazon is mine.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #44
gpt
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
sequim , Washington
plastic does not work so well on pavement when you are trying to level. had that experience this past fall with the lego blocks. they just slid along when i tried to get the trailer up on them. wood finally solved the problem thanks to a fellow camper. i would expect these ramps would behave the same way so they are not in the cards for me.

the simple solution has already been posted, scrap lumber from any construction site. nail them together to give you 3 levels of elevation. heavier than the plastic, but for me, way more secure way to level the trailer.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #45
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Remember, turn down brakes when backing. Then sorta roll up with a rolling start... Not fast, just moving. I tru to build a line of stacked and interlocked to roll up on.

Wood is best for nonskid. Or toss down a little play sand or non skid under plastic.

I "fine tune" with a bottle jack it two. Also stabilizes the bounce of the AS!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpt View Post
plastic does not work so well on pavement when you are trying to level. had that experience this past fall with the lego blocks. they just slid along when i tried to get the trailer up on them. wood finally solved the problem thanks to a fellow camper. i would expect these ramps would behave the same way so they are not in the cards for me.

the simple solution has already been posted, scrap lumber from any construction site. nail them together to give you 3 levels of elevation. heavier than the plastic, but for me, way more secure way to level the trailer.
I have only had the happen one time with the Andersen Levelers. My fault for not properly positioning the levelers. Once readjusted they worked as advertised. The Andersens are not a smooth plastic, that have a textured surface.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
To prevent the trailer running into the TV when you disconnect, it is advisable to pull onto the ramps rather than to back onto them. Proper chocks are also recommended. We use the between the tire variety.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #48
gpt
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
sequim , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I have only had the happen one time with the Andersen Levelers. My fault for not properly positioning the levelers. Once readjusted they worked as advertised. The Andersens are not a smooth plastic, that have a textured surface.

the lego blocks were sliding on the hard surface. i would expect these Anderson levelers would also slide on this sort of surface. the top surface is not the issue in this case.

i am sure on dirt or gravel they won't slide and neither would the lego blocks. safest solution is good old wood cut to fit ahead of time.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
My Legos never slip on concrete - I guess each product may have nuances

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:05 PM   #50
gpt
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
sequim , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
My Legos never slip on concrete - I guess each product may have nuances

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
asphalt.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpt View Post
asphalt.
Are you stacking them without a ramp? The only time I've ever had them move is if I was trying to pull onto a stack several blocks high. If I build a ramp, no problem.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #52
gpt
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
sequim , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater View Post
Are you stacking them without a ramp? The only time I've ever had them move is if I was trying to pull onto a stack several blocks high. If I build a ramp, no problem.

yes, one block high and then up further. could not get up onto the first block without the entire assembly moving. finally switched over to some wood i had, no issues. the trailer was leaning downhill so that may have had something to do with this as there was quite a weight shift to begin with.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meadow Vista , California
I saw a You Tube video with the Anderson's being demonstrated. The individual was using a level on the side of the trailer to verify the lift was correct. Is that how you use them? Is there a flat spot on the side of the AS?
Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #54
3 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
Leveling with Andersens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSinbad View Post
I saw a You Tube video with the Anderson's being demonstrated. The individual was using a level on the side of the trailer to verify the lift was correct. Is that how you use them? Is there a flat spot on the side of the AS?
Thanks
I saw the same video.

Our level is mounted on the front of the AS. After we set the Andersen's on the ground she moves to the front of the AS and signals me to stop when level. We then chock both sides and then begin the unhitch process. Process works well for us.

Like you noted, we could not find a plumb space on the side to either mount a level or place a hand level.
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:39 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I do not really trust the levels stuck outside my trailer. They tend to get moved around. I use a level on the inside floor.
Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1428669566.264091.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  88.1 KB

Old 04-10-2015, 08:48 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Right now we use and have for years a couple of 2x12s cut to 49" each, enough for both tires on the low side. I find 12s are much easier to hit than anything narrower. We check the level using what AWCHIEF uses also on the floor and if in someplace for more than one night we also check inside the fridge with the same level as that is what we are all trying to keep level. ALL that said I've ordered a pair of Andersons to see how they work. can't imagine them working on grass, just too narrow and will sink in. We shall see, and I will continue to carry the two or three 2x12s.

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote