Old 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
You win the prize for being thorough, a tad ahead of Pharm. And that's a good thing. Jim

Old 04-30-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
It's a shame he only gets credit for 1 post for that.....

Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Welcome to Beautiful B.C. It is 23C. today - and climbing. I am happpily sitting here going over some business in my comfortable air-conditioned Airstream office. (My trailer, a.k.a. the FaN is my driveway woman cave, office, and sleeping quarters).

Until you find your condo, I can recommend a few lower-mainland campgrounds. Hazelmere RV Park, in South Surrey, has a vibrant full-time community. Eagle Wind (Aldergrove) is nice, but expensive. I also like Camperland, in Bridal Falls, but it's approximately 50 miles west of Vancouver.

Yes, the real-estate here is outrageously expensive. I find it to be quite disturbing because the city I grew up in has become a city of "haves" and "have nots." I see greed in the eyes of the "haves." Envy in the eyes of the "have nots." And I hate it. Even though I do own property - if the bubble bursts - I would not be crying in my milk....or should I say.....bottle of fine B.C. wine? I still have a roof over my head (the FaN). The simple life. Happy!

Even though it's sunny today - one word of caution about our wet coast and condos. We have had a terrible time with the "leaky-condo" crisis. Make sure your condo does not leak.

You are going to have to cross three mountain ranges west of Calgary to get to Vancouver. I did it last year - in the middle of the night - and wrote about it in Welcome to the Breakfast Show. Watch out for those rogue truckers!

Here are some links about our leaky condos....but do not let it dampen your enthusiasm!

Leaky condo crisis far from over

Old 04-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Flower View Post
You win the prize for being thorough, a tad ahead of Pharm. And that's a good thing. Jim
Thanks!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Vancouver , British Columbia
Resurrecting an old thread, but I thought some of you might like to know how my trip went, 6 months ago. Sorry I didn't post sooner - had (and continue to have) a lot of issues with my elderly parents, so my Airstream has been in storage almost since I got to Vancouver. Since another thread (on choice of tow vehicle) kind of overlaps this one with the trip out west, going through Canada, and it turned out to almost be like a review on the van, I figured no point in posting the same thing here. Check out my rather lengthly review and reply here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f238...ml#post1558193