Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #41
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted S. View Post
One interesting thing about Allstays, not all campgrounds are on it. My neighbor told me about her favorite, I searched high and low and realized it was not on there. I heard, don't know if it is true, that the campgrounds have to pay to be listed...
Not true.

The people who develop the data for these apps get their information from somewhere, and if a campground doesn't advertise, doesn't have a website, doesn't offer discounts for camping clubs such as Good Sam, hasn't been reviewed on any of the popular campground review websites, and mainly gets its clientele from word-of-mouth, it's entirely possible it won't be listed because the folks who developed the data set for the app have never heard of it.

The good news is, there is a way to get a campground listed on Allstays if it isn't already listed. Go to this page: http://www.allstays.com/Services/change-camp.php and fill in the blanks. Someone from Allstays will cotact the campground and verify the info, and then it will be included in the next AllStays map update.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
The campground was Lickdale Campground, Jonestown, PA. Just checked, still not listed, but the website now goes to the KOA. So maybe there is a buyout happening.

Anyway, just went on Allstays website and there are a bunch of new apps. One in particular is RV Dumpstations. Going to go check it out.
Ted S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Dorchester , Illinois
Wow, wish these app's had been available back when we were full timing. A filter that shows city/town campsites would have been great as we found a number of mid west cities had free or very low cost camp sites in their parks.
Missed-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Dorchester , Illinois
Wow, wish these app's had been available back when we were full timing (late '90s-early 2000's). A filter that shows city/town campsites would have been great as we found a number of mid west cities had free or very low cost camp sites in their parks.
Missed-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:37 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The AllStays campground app includes dump stations....at least the one I purchased a number of years ago does.

You can filter out for just those, if that is all you are looking for.

Maggie
Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
1954 15' Byam Holiday
Vintage Kin Owner
Linden , Michigan
Big thanks

Looks like I am buying Allstays! Thanks to All who have answered my posting and enlightened us all.
Safe Travels!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote