Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Your position won't be easy to find

Michelle, you are not just the average gal. YOU are exceptional and have done so many things. You are creative....and you know the words that are you. Anyone who has met you KNOWS about your personality.

Just the average job...is NOT you. You do need something special where you fit. A job equal to your many talents.

Glad you did not settle for just average. Take as much time as you can and find the special job for you, that special person.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Good luck with the air traffic controller's position. Hey, it even it doesn't include Airstreams, it does have "air" in it.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
sounds familiar...

Michelle,

You sound like you're trying the find the same harmony as I am; also computers and aviation. For the past 24 years, I've been weaving my way through computer graphics simulation primarily for use in high-end flight simulation i.e.military and big iron. While it has helped pay for my aluminum addiction, both wheeled and winged, I've been asking myself lately if I could fit better somewhere else...I love teaching but there's no money in that.

Not sure what your career goals are but this is an area very under-represented by flyers and computer geeks...all in one.

And I managed to involve A/S in my job...imagine my surprise when I conducted an acceptance test on a device with a customer and found that my Airstream was being used for target practice...a virtual one! Seems one of my modelers found pictures of my A/S in my office and thought that would make a dandy target for A-10's to blow up...it's a really fine model they built...kinda makes me cringe when they fire on it.

I'm somewhat envious of your current zip code believe it or not...I sold my FBO in Great Falls a few years ago and wish I were back in MT (wasn't ready to retire at 36).

PM me if you are interested in virtual flying...I have some contacts in SLC and Seattle.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Positive Karma for you

Michelle sorry it didn't work out, but you made a wise decision. When they ask you to walk on water heal the sick and raise the dead within a week of starting the job... RUN!

I know you'll find something that's far better suited to your talents. Keep us appraised, you DESERVE a break today.

If you do make the first weekend thing, I might see you there too. Been wishing for a rally for a long time.

Paula
Old 10-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #33
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Well,
The 90 day trail ended after 5 days. I had my first review this morning. It did not go well. She gave me until Wednesday to correct the issues. There were fundemental differences in the way we approach things. I could not make those change in three days. They were asking to much without any guidance or training. I resigned. I tried so hard to get that job now a week later I am looking again. I just hope that house I want is still available when I find another job!
Well my desire to work for the state of Montana is pretty much gone. Fate has spoken. In a few weeks I am headed east, then south to Florida to help my sister through what is becoming a messy divorce. I have no idea how long I will be there.

I have also decided to take a year or more off to focus on my health and see the things I want to see before I can no longer enjoy them. I am not much of a believer in doctors predictions but my condition is getting worse. The clock is ticking.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #34
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
manoman. So sorry to hear of the adverse tides beating against you. I know you will be a big help to your sister and perhaps you'll be helped as well.

Pat
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Denham Springs , Louisiana
Keep your chin up and don't stay still too long. chase that ATC job. I know you would do very well at that. I have always founf that the best opportunities always come as surprises.

Stop off for a few days if you can on your way to Florida. We would love to see you.

Greg and Family
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Good luck Michelle and safe travels. Taking time to heal while helping out your sister is a wonderful thing to do. Keep us posted on how things are going. Spending a winter in Florida, even given the circumstances, is not the worst thing that could happen.

All the best,
Barry and Donna
Old 10-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Michelle,

Take it easy and be safe on the road to Florida. I have to believe things will work out for you in time and as they are supposed to.

Keep your hands on the wheel and the shinny side up.

Marie
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #38

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gparker View Post
Keep your chin up and don't stay still too long. chase that ATC job. I know you would do very well at that. I have always founf that the best opportunities always come as surprises.

Stop off for a few days if you can on your way to Florida. We would love to see you.

Greg and Family
Greg,
Unless the weather is bad I will be heading east on I70 to Maryland then south. When I head back west I will definately stop by.
The ATC job is out. too much time of feet and medications are a problem.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #39
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Michelle, take care, and don't believe everything the docs tell you. If I did, I'd still be in a wheelchair, or worse. I can refer you to a peaceful RV park you can stay in while helping your sister, provided it isn't on the other side of the state.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Michelle, what part of Florida will you be in???
Old 10-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #41

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Michelle, take care, and don't believe everything the docs tell you. If I did, I'd still be in a wheelchair, or worse. I can refer you to a peaceful RV park you can stay in while helping your sister, provided it isn't on the other side of the state.
I am not believing everything they say but I know my own body. The condition is getting worse. I went out and spent $140 (on sale) on new shoes a few days ago. That has helped but I am only good for about 6 hours a day. I will be in Jacksonville.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Michelle, if you decide to head south on I-75, you are more than welcome to stop in again, for a few days.

Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote