Old 07-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #1
Peter D

2019 27' Globetrotter
San Luis Obispo , California
Cool Lake Tahoe RV Sites?

We're headed for Tahoe in August and seeking good trailer sites which appear to be few. It appears that the KOA South Tahoe closed visited a few years ago) and many of the remaining sites are state/no hookups/or don't allow pets. Hazel the Labradoodle is part of the family and non-negotiable.

Any tips for sites that are within 15-20 miles of Tahoe (preferably North Shore) and accomodate our 27FB?

Thanks!

MetalMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
Mike from Canmore

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Calgary , Alberta
The Campground by the Lake, owned & run by the town of South Lake Tahoe is good.

Mike G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #3

2019 25' International
Reno , NV
Tahoe camping

For South Lake, we frequent Tahoe Valley. Full hookups and a nice clean park. If you can get a spot, Fallen Leaf is beautiful, but usually booked, and this is dry camping. Zephyr Cove is also nice, but hard to get a space. Camp Richardson is the park that doesn't allow dogs, we have never stayed there for this reason.
Runs_4_beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Lake Tahoe RV Sites?

You might be able to find a spot long enough for your 27 footer at one of the National Forest Campgrounds if you arrive Sun-Thursday. We've camped at William Kent, Tahoe City- can walk to beach and several cafes; Granite Flats, Truckee- right along the Truckee River- there's some road noise here but along the river is awesome; Crystal Springs, Markleeville-mostly smaller spaces but you might fit I a few; Fallen Leaf often has a few openings if you don't mind moving from space to space- can ride bikes to beach across from entrance or drive to Zephyr Cove "North Beach"-park on shoulder to access dog friendly beach with the best views on the lakeshore. We find North Shore of the lake near Kings beach, Incline areas are way too congested during peak summer July and August. Another good bet is the town we just bought a house-Minden. Carson Valley Inn has RV park with full hookups and only 20 miles over the Kingsbury pass to Zephyr Cove North Beach.
Lots the do in Carson Valley! Our pup loves North Beach at Zephyr Cove and you can always find some natural shade among the coastal pines. Good luck and have fun!
FCloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
I thing there are two national park campgrounds Sugar Pine is one on the west California side. I put my 06 25 Safari in it for a few days and was nice.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
Was just in Tahoe for 4 days over the 4th of July week with my 27FB. Gorgeous time to be up there. Doesn't hurt that it's at elevation and gets away from the summer heat.

I snagged a last minute site during lunch as I was headed into Tahoe, literally couple hours before we got there. We originally could only find a site 45 minutes south in Hope Valley months before. Called a couple places on a whim and landed in Camp Richardson.

Could not be more happier. It's a large campground on the southwest end of Lake Tahoe. Extensive activities and close proximity to just about everything Tahoe has to offer. I very much enjoyed all the hiking and biking we did. Lake is right there too if that is a draw.

There's only limited sites with full hookups. Most do have water and electric. Yet the hookups are not in their typical place and haphazardly placed throughout the campground which is evident by the number of creative extensions and hoses/cable strung across sites. I didn't even bother using any even though my site had them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ASLakeTahoe.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	565.3 KB
ID:	346189

Tongue Mount Honda eu2200i - Rear Hitch - Underbelly Storage - Blizzard NXT w/ EasyStart - 3" Lift - 6" Fan Controller
pteck is offline   Reply With Quote