Old 08-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Woodinville , Washington
Kudos for Shorewood RV Center, Anoka, MN

Alta & I returned a week or so ago from having attended the Lewisburg, WV rally --- 9,000 miles & 6 weeks.

After leaving WV, we headed North, North, North, to attempt to escape the 95 & 100 degree heat (after all, we're from Seattle, where it seldom exceeds 80) & found ourselves in Youperland --- Michigan's Northern Peninsula. While there, one of the brakes on one of our 27 FB's axles went out, and the one of the brakes on the second axle went out the following day. Arrrrgh!!! What to do?

We looked for the closest AS dealer, which was Shorewood RV Center, in Anoka, MN --- around 10-15 miles north of Minneapolis. We changed our plans & drove to Shorewood the following day, Sunday, & parked that night in its lot. When Shorewood opened Monday morning, we told them the problem; they asked us to leave the trailer with them & told us that they would inspect it and should have a recommendation by that noon. At 11 AM, they told us that two of the trailer's four wheels' brakes were broken & needed to be replaced. By noon, they told us that the brakes were warranteed not directly by AS but by its axle subcontractor, who had agreed to underwrite the charge for the replacement. By 1 PM, they told us that they had found comparable brake replacements at a local NAPA store & were having them delivered promptly. By 4 PM, they told us that the two sets of brakes had been replaced & handed us their statement: Cost of new brakes & labor charge to replace them = $0.00, all under the AS warranty. We left that afternoon headed for the Black Hills of SD.

THANK YOU SHOREWOOD RV CENTER and its service department & employees for a truly competent, hassle-free repair of our AS while we were on the road.

Alta & Richard, Seattle area --- WBCCI 8877
"Aurum": 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Diesel
"Argentum": 2016 AS FC 27 FB
"BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"Megan" (aka "LittleDog"): F Shih Tzu, 15 lb
WL7Z --- NAUI --- WSBA
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Shorewood is my local dealer. I do believe they are among those dealers who are particularly sensitive to the needs of people who are on the road, and have seen them bend over backwards for out-of-town travelers for repairs large and small.

I use ABC bus in Faribault for routine repairs now, who also offer excellent service. I particularly appreciate ABC's organization and timely completion of scheduled, routine work.

To learn to see below the surface, you must adjust your altitude
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
A parts/service manager at Shorewood put me in my place on our three month old Airstream we bought from them when asking about general service needs five years ago. We left immediately, and haven't been back since. I'm still feeling the sting from this guy, and will continue to plan our travels through Jackson Center every couple of years for routine service.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote