Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #113
Rivet Master
1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I made reservations several weeks ago for 4 nights at the KOA in Fredricksburg, VA. I used my recently ordered Value card and they put the first night on my VISA. If I remember corectly, this is the same procedure for the GA. State Parks sites I have stayed in during our mini rallies.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #114
Vintage Kin
Corpus Christi , Texas
The KOA at Fredericksburg, Texas is a model of what any campground should be. The present owners (a civil engineer and his wife) have poured time, money and a ton of sweat into it. Great location, lovely sites with nice trees (said to be 37 years old), great electrical and everything painted, curbed, swept, etc.

We stayed here a few weeks ago and suffered from constant, heavy rainfall the second evening. Several Airstreamers and we were across a low-water crossing at the rear of the park, and the crossing was soon too deep and swift to cross. The owner monitored the situation from a vehicle until about 11:30 that night. We most of us went to sleep, but I was awakened several times by NOAA Weather Radio warnings of continued heavy rainfall, flooding, etc. At 0600 my wife brewed another pot of coffee and I stepped outside into a sheet of 5" deep fast-moving water that had inundated this end of the campground. The owner was back on station, and the Airstreamers and I were discussing hitching our rigs to move to, maybe, a barely higher point a few yards away. The only other way out was to scale a big-game fence at the operation behind us. Luckily for all, the final warning of continued rain (T-S Erin and Dean remnants) was unnecessary and things got back to normal.

The dirt work -- dozer work -- at this park was outstanding. A lesser job would have left us in worse straits. The low water crossing needed only a couple of tractor buckets of road base to make a perfect bridge, and we were all moved to another site.

We were here two nights and look forward to returning. I hope all of you someday have the chance to tour the Texas Hill Country. Make the Fredericksburg KOA your base of ops.

Located on US-290 a few miles east of Fredericksburg. Be sure to tour one of the top US Navy museums in the country there (home to Chester Nimitz, WWII CINCPAC).

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #115
2 Rivet Member
1979 31' Excella 500
Battle Mountain , Nevada
Send a message via Yahoo to mikeandbecky

Anyone have any experience ( good or bad ) with the KOA in Dillon, Montana? We are planning a trip in October there.
mikeandbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 AM   #116
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
I'm currently staying at the KOA in Lake Placid.

My only other KOA experiences were by the side of Interstates for overnights. Not the nicest campgrounds around, but they suited the purpose.

But this KOA is terrific - nicely wooded, great lodge, well-kept. Would recommend for sure.
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #117
3 Rivet Member
2006 19' Safari SE
Central Part , Maryland
Hi, tonite I am at the KOA just inside Oklahoma on I-40 (from Arkansas) location is called "Sallisaw/Fort Smith West KOA". Very nice and pleasant. Owners have been here for 7 years and their hands-on attention shows. I would give it a "9" for peace & quite and just what I wanted.

Photo attached from tonite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	44354  
Dave&Shari Wagner
2006 Bambi SE,
2008 Ford F350 Diesel 4x4
" I am lost and have gone Airstreaming to find myself, If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait..."
wagnerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #118
1 Rivet Member
2008 27' International CCD FB
Kansas City , Missouri
Our very first KOA we stayed at was the one in Polson, Montana on Flathead Lake. We loved it. Great views, friendly staff, mini-golf and playground for kids. Laundry okay. Showers were not great. I didn't like how they were situated near the main office corridor and they were unisex.
We had a great lot (#13) with a wood deck and a view of the lake.

visit my weblog at: watch and learn
lyrikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #119
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We stayed at the Historic Route 66 KOA in Fenton, MO last weekend and was treated very well. Grounds were clean and the full hookups were nice...though expensive.

Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #120
Rivet Master
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Spent last night at the KOA east of Durango, Colorado. The grounds are really nice-lots of pinon/ golf, pool, nice(CLEAN) bathrooms, well-stocked store, good pet walk, secluded sites(ask for a hillsite, not the parking lot, although the parking lot was pretty nice, just a little close)...fairly quiet for a KOA, and no trains or planes! LOTS of those 'Kabins".
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:29 PM   #121
3 Rivet Member
1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
With one exception, we have enjoyed all the KOA campgrounds we have visited in the past 4 years. (Sorry Calhoun, GA, you didn't make the grade!) I've enjoyed reading all the posts about the KOA experience. So I decided to go with the suggestions to use the "Review" section to state our experiences. However,..... I'm confused. How do you even post a new "thread" to that section??? Or have I had too much chablis?? We are currently at the KOA in Oakland, WI which is very nice. We just left the KOA in Maple Grove, MN which is super!!! As I said, the only one we really had a terrible time at was the one in Calhoun, Ga where our two "furkids" Brandi and Ki didn't even want to go outside our Airstream!! We were in the "wrong" area of the park evidently!!

So can someone help me out on how to post to the Review section?? Or should we just continue the very interesting thread we're on???

Edee ^_^
Phil/Edee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #122
. , .
I will NOT recommend the West Chester/Philadelphia KOA to any of my friends. We stayed there this past weekend and were very disappointed. We have stayed at others and had pleasant enough experiences to not write off the entire chain just yet.
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #123
4 Rivet Member
KOA Moss Landing

Recently returned from a relaxing week at Sea Cliff in Aptos Ca., we usually spend the night at Moss Landing however this time we said no-way. They had just become a KOA franchise and the rates went from 45.00 per night to 80.00 per night. This campground does not warrant what they are asking. Maybe its just a California thing, they have lost my business, never again.
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #124
Islay - 63 O.
1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
So far not so bad with KOA.
The one I didn't want to stay was western Toronto right on hw 401 one of the busiest in Canada. And I had drove almost 12 hours so it was too much to handle the noise. But the camp was well maintained.
The one I went a week ago in Thunder Bay - Ont. was nice.
At least with KOA you know what you pay for. I like to have internet and full service. For 35$ tax. inc. that good enough to me.
I had much more bad experience in campgrounds that charge you high price for poor service. No sewer, no internet or internet at site but sometime the site has to be the office...
In Calgary the campground close to the Olympic park is really expensive more than 40$ with pull thru side to side and if you have a slide out forget it there is no room. Not level and military rules. Internet at site but as I said it must be the office site.
Canadian Atlantic Unit Past President
Protect your dream from others and first yourself...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #125
Hawkeyes & Harleys
2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
On a recent 6 Week trip to New England by way of MI, VT, NH, ME, CT, NC etc. we stayed at many KOAs. Found most to be good with better than average clean facilities. KOA and Good Sam parks were for the most part better than those non-rated RV parks. Private Resorts were very good but very expensive.
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #126
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
On the trip to the Balloon Fiesta many of us stayed at the KOA in Grants, NM. The park was very nice and the service provided by the staff was the best I have ever seen. When you check in they give you a menu of dinner items (and free cookies). When you order one of the home cooked meals, they deliver it to your trailer. When I am in that area, they will be my first choise of a place to stay.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote