Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #183
Rivet Master
1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Yessss! Glad to here of the compensation and apology!

And thank you for bringing this situation forward. It has given us a chance to arm ourselves a bit, before facing the same situation. At least now I know not to bust out my blue boy at Sea Cliff... I think I'll just run a looong hose directly to their toilets .

"If you want something done right, do it yourself!"
sequoiacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #184
Rivet Master
1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
2 cents

Originally Posted by Blu_Hwy_Lady
She went on to explain that the kind of places they usually stay don't accept RVs older than 10 years and theirs is older.
I've read about trailer age restrictions in other threads, and I think it's a shame that anyone who keeps an older vehicle in good shape and running well would be looked down on, especially with everyone being so hot on keeping stuff out of landfill, recycling, and using what you have instead of tossing and buying new every two years, etc. That couple should be commended for making their RV last.

I'm really glad everyone's stepping up to support BHL on this nasty experience.

"Let's look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever man.'"
~ Hurley

1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I'm glad they stood up and apologized and discussed the issues man to man (or man to woman). However, the thing standing out to me is that it seems blue tanks are not allowed in CA parks? Is that everywhere or just at some parks? That's still kind of a big issue for those of us without grey tanks.
I have not had a problem with 'blue' tanks here. Of course mine with the popup was 'green'. In the incident at Santa Cruz I believe it was (still is I believe) a specific rule to no external tanks because Bill and Susan were assigned to a paved overflow area (parking lot!). So far I believe the California Forrest Service campgrounds will allow draining grey water to the ground. Somebody please correct me if not. We almost always use the blue tank regardless.

Neil and Lynn
Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #186
4 Rivet Member
1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
She has had quite the adventures

Originally Posted by azflycaster
Your trailer has been blown up, burnt and tossed.

What's next?
and that doesn't even count the great camping times!

And Stefrobots, I still really don't know if there is a general "policy" regarding the external tanks or if it is campground specific. Sadly, I guess those of us with vintage rigs will have to read the fine print very carefully. Even tho' it had a good outcome, the whole incident is going to make me very paranoid about using the tote.
Airylle 1972 Safari featured for 5 nanoseconds in the movie Wild Hogs

Jupiter (the Golden Retriever)
Blu_Hwy_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #187
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I used mine (tote) last October at Refugio SB and the host was right across the street.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #188

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Originally Posted by Blu_Hwy_Lady
Even tho' it had a good outcome, the whole incident is going to make me very paranoid about using the tote.
I can see how it would!

and PinkFlamingos, I agree, keeping a vintage unit on the road in good repair is the greatest form of recycling!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #189
2 Rivet Member
1969 27' Overlander
1976 Argosy 28
Lodi , California
Unfortunately we had a similar experience at Seacliff in July 2010. We stayed in the full hook ups for four days with friendly hosts. Fifth day changing of the guard (Host) and we had to move to the overflow $55/night (reservation was only for 4 days), the female host was already coming at us with questions after we answered her questions and left we pulled out the blue boy (we have a black water tank but no grey tank), the male host couldn't get out of his chair fast enough to blow a gasket about the blue boy. He said we could not use it (even though it is self contained and goes home with us). No wording on the rules about "No external tanks". He was very rude. Later he was riding his bike around patrolling without a helmet, we politely suggested for his safety he should wear a safety helmet. We wouldn't want him to spill his grey matter on the pavement!

They do have outside showers that drain onto the beach.

We have made reservations for this year again (7 months in advance, sold out in 5 min) for full hookups for the week. If we have any problems this year we will report the host. I'm not sure why they don't add a dump station since there is already full hookups down there. They don't even have a fresh water tap to fill up the fresh water tank for those in overflow!

We stayed at Sunset (down the road 10 miles) in Nov. 2010 (no hookups) and we used our blue boy with no issues. Still trying to figure out how to strap the blue boy to the bottom of the trailer, or maybe I should paint it silver!

Still love our California beaches!

1969' Overlander LY 27'
2005 Titan

triterra is offline   Reply With Quote