Old 12-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have been stationed in Key West and have many deployments down that way. After retiring from the Navy I lived on my sailboat at the Air Station Marina for about 6 months before moving on down island. It is on my bucket list of places that I want to revisit after I get my Airstream. Michael

AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
"Reservations for Bahia Honda are some of the most difficult to obtain.......either be on the phone at 8:00 EST, exactly six months from your arrival date, or haunt the website for cancellations. Some people love the campground.....especially if they snag a waterfront site. We enjoyed our visit, but would not go back. The "no see-ums" just about drove us crazy".

Chief, I read your above quote and could relate. The beach was great and the water was wonderful, but at night.............bugs!
My family and I tent camped there back in the early 70's, those bugs were bad then. In between 1974 and now you'd think the state park would have tried to control them some how.
Anyway, back to my story, we woke after being in our sleeping bags for only about 2 hours because of feeling like we were being eaten alive. Packed everything up and went to a motel at 2 in the morning. My wife and kids looked like they had chicken pox all over.
Not one of our best camping trips.

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #17
2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
El mar rv resort on stock island.. Just down the street from Boyd's. Boyd's is cramped and crowded,IMO.

"Stay Thirsty My Friends"

Tow Vehicle" 2011 Superduty Diesel!!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Just got back from south Florida including 4 nights at Lazy Lakes at Sugar Loaf Key (mile marker 20). Free internet, cable and sewer. Movies on Sunday night, donuts on Monday a.m. and pot luck dinner on Wedneday. Older park ,but clean. Some sites are privately owned, some long term and some short term. Not as $$$ as some but still $$$ compared to state parks. Quiet the nights we were there. They do have a web site.

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote