Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
St. Pete Beach , Florida
Key Largo Kampground - Been There?

Well, I am making our spring break plans and things are looking good. Planning to spend a few days at Johnathan Dickenson State Park for a few days (canoeing, biking ,etc.) and then head down to Key Largo. John Pennecamp is booked and I found a place called "Key Largo Kampground" that has a few spots left. It is situated right next to Pennecamp but is a bit pricey. We would like to spend a few days in the area...has anyone been to this campground? Any other suggestions for this trip? Thanks.
salvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
If it was the same one I tried to get a reservation. They could have cared less. They get a lot of snow birds.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic
On the road since 2000 , norseaodyssey.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvarez
Well, I am making our spring break plans and things are looking good. Planning to spend a few days at Johnathan Dickenson State Park for a few days (canoeing, biking ,etc.) and then head down to Key Largo. John Pennecamp is booked and I found a place called "Key Largo Kampground" that has a few spots left. It is situated right next to Pennecamp but is a bit pricey. We would like to spend a few days in the area...has anyone been to this campground? Any other suggestions for this trip? Thanks.
Join the Elks and stay at their facility for a very small fee.

Jim

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and being narrow minded."
norsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

New Orleans , Louisiana
Thumbs up Curry Hammock

I love the Curry Hammock state park down there. Only 28 sites on the beach. Really nice. We spent a week or so there last year. Further down, closer to Marathon.

Campground Details - Curry Hammock SP, Florida - ReserveAmerica

Goog luck, Enjoy the KEys. I can't wait to go back....
Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Miami , Florida
DId You Stay at KeyLargo Kampground?

We've just returned from a 10 day trip with the Bambi. And now we cannot wait for our next adventure! We're thinking about making reservations at KeyLargo Kampgrounds for Labor Day. We'd like to stay closer to home and most other places are already booked. Anyone recently stay here?
MamaTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

St. Pete Beach , Florida
We really love the KLK. A bit pricey (but the Keys are pricey) but worth it. Full hookups, which is nice. We like to get a waterfront site with a tiki hut and dock. We take our boat and bikes. Publix is right up the road. Great place to stay and play in the upper keys.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Miami , Florida
Thanks SurfinSuz. We really enjoy Long Key, Bahia Honda and Curry Hammock SP's. Reasonable prices especially for the keys! They're not available for this holiday. We were able to make reservations at KLK. Not waterfront, but they are putting us close to "NorthBeach" since we're planning on taking the Kayaks. Thanks again!
MamaTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

St. Pete Beach , Florida
We really enjoyed kayaking into the mangrove islands right in front of the property. We had pretty good luck catching snapper on cut-up squid. Early morning usually produced the most fish. Also, you can go out on a Pennecamp snorkling trip...very close to where you are staying. For a good dinner, try Fish House or Fish House Encore.

This last time we went, we rented a 19 ft. power boat and were able to really scoot around and explore. We snorkled the reefs and caught lobster. Our kids just had a ball. We will be doing that again and again.