Old 05-27-2004, 09:47 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Hi Steph. Out of the closet we come! Yes we did get to meet, and I think we had a nice talk with you Sunday. We left the tradewind at home, and had the '53 Clipper and '46 teardrop there. We had gone to a couple teardrop meets, but this was our first trailer gathering, and it was in deed fun. Great bunch of people, and we learned a lot. We made 3 pages of notes for what to bring next time, so it should get better each time.

Sorry PINK you couldn't come. I was sure there wasn't a '67 tradewind there. Since you are close, I am sure we will run into eachother somewhere.

Bruce and Laura

Old 05-27-2004, 09:59 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Sho & No Sho

Interesting gathering. I first read about it a year or so ago on the old VAC-List (now the VAL-List) seems Tom Patterson attended a year or so back in one of his non-Airstream Silver trailers.

What is the history of the event? Is there a sancioning group like TinCan Tourists or such? Is this always in Northern California? (one of the greatest places on earth more or less, so why not..?)

You know I have always wondered how someone would be viewed who wanted to attend and partake but wanted their own trailer to be off-limits for tours. Not everyone is an exhibitionist are they?
I want to look at yours, but not sure I want you to look at mine..
Would that make one an outcast?

Seems like somewhere there is a thread (maybe not on this forums) that dealt with little lymericks and quotations that could be put on a sign to hang outside trailer door. These would "politely" or "plainly" indicate wheteher your castle was on the "tour route" now or ever.
Course we all have heard about the If it's rockin ...dont bother knockin signs, but these were less "timely".
Any idea where that thread is ?

Old 05-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #17

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hi Minkus, yes we did talk! My husband LOVES the clipper. Very cool.

Jaco, the Social is just a private party I believe, put on by Shirly and Arlen, and they invite anyone who wants to come. Fees and the raffle cover the costs, and they put on a heck of a party. It was really relaxed and laid back, and everyone was out wandering through each other's trailers, even on the first day. It really was very social. Of course, I keep my trailer pretty neat and clean anyway (you have to with only 17ft to play with), so I didn't mind people wandering in and looking around. I pretty much had the door open the whole time, even if I was out looking at other people's trailers. However if you didn't want anyone looking in your trailer, just shut the door. As we were going from rig to rig if we saw a door shut we just went on to the next, and never thought twice about the folks who were closed up. There's so much to look at nobody will mind skipping a few. It really was very fun and 'social'

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

I think there were a couple trailers there where no one was home, and the door was closed. It didn't seem to cause any major panic. Plenty others to see.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #19

1968 17' Caravel
One time we were out looking at other trailers and left our door open so folks could look in ours, and we came back and the toilet seat lid was up! We were both hoping they hadn't looked in there, but I know I left the lid down! That wasn't supposed to be on the tour Good thing it was clean!

Old 05-27-2004, 04:09 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Yep...he does!
It's SOLD...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:38 PM   #21

1968 17' Caravel
Some lucky dog snapped that up! I knew it wouldn't take long, that was a beauty!