Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
 
pinktrailer's Avatar
 
1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 392
Images: 7
Jamaica State Park in Vermont

I know that I met an Airstreamer in the last few months, who told me that their favorite park was Jamaica, in Vermont. I live in the state, have been down there to watch the kayakers when they release the dam, but have never camped there.

If anyone has been there, and has suggestions as to whether one area of the park is nicer than another, I would love any information. I am leaning toward the lean-tos which are along the river, and can also handle a small trailer.
__________________

__________________
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
mutcth's Avatar

 
2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,632
We were just there with the Argosy a few weeks ago. We found the sites down by the river to be less private (you're not actually on the river, as a fire road/path runs behind them.) We camped on the back row (I think it was site 9 or 10) against the woods - big almost flat sites, nicely divided from adjacent sites.

You can walk to a general store and a neat glassware shop. The staff was very nice and seemed to do a great job at keeping the place tidy - almost too tidy for a forest campground.

Tom
__________________

__________________
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
Patriotic
 
Chuck's Avatar

 
1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,533
Images: 260
I don't think you can go wrong, there. Its all nice....

here's a photo album with lots of pics of the campground and vicinity. A small but intrepid group of us had a mini-rally there a few years ago.
Rich took most of the pictures.

NE Forum Rally - Photo Gallery
__________________
Air:291
Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
pinktrailer's Avatar
 
1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 392
Images: 7
Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
We were just there with the Argosy a few weeks ago. We found the sites down by the river to be less private (you're not actually on the river, as a fire road/path runs behind them.) We camped on the back row (I think it was site 9 or 10) against the woods - big almost flat sites, nicely divided from adjacent sites.

You can walk to a general store and a neat glassware shop. The staff was very nice and seemed to do a great job at keeping the place tidy - almost too tidy for a forest campground.

Tom
Tom--I was wondering if those front sites wouldn't be as great as the rear ones.......Thanks!

Chuck--Your pictures were great! I don't know how I missed that mini rally.......maybe it was the one I wanted to get into, but there wasn't enough space.
__________________
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
Rivet Master
 
mutcth's Avatar

 
2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,632
To be honest, we're fussy - we like to be tucked back into a quiet corner. The lean-tos did look nice; there's one or two available in the back row with enough room for the Overlander.

Tom
__________________
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Patriotic
 
Chuck's Avatar

 
1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,533
Images: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktrailer View Post

Chuck--Your pictures were great! I don't know how I missed that mini rally.......maybe it was the one I wanted to get into, but there wasn't enough space.
Well, it was in '04, which I think was before you came on the scene.
__________________
Air:291
Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member
 
pinktrailer's Avatar
 
1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 392
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
To be honest, we're fussy - we like to be tucked back into a quiet corner. The lean-tos did look nice; there's one or two available in the back row with enough room for the Overlander.

Tom

Now that I look at the map, I see two lean-tos in the back corner. They would be perfect for me, as it looks like there is good dog walking space too.

I am with you, I like privacy, and quiet.
__________________

__________________
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Andrews State Park or Topsail State Park blueiwahine On The Road... 14 07-13-2009 02:01 PM
Petoskey State Park? Roadsub On The Road... 6 01-29-2008 10:25 AM
San Simeon State Park, Ca. kolarshooter On The Road... 2 08-12-2006 06:52 PM
Vermont state parks CACTUS On The Road... 2 05-25-2006 06:47 AM
FDR State Park ALANSD On The Road... 9 06-19-2004 05:22 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.