Old 04-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
Its raining inside the AS

Iím not sure of where this should be posted, as it doesnít really fit neatly into a subject area. If needed; Modís feel free to move it, and Iíll appreciate what you do.
We have a 2010, FC23FB, that we bought new last May. We donít run it a lot, but when we run the AC unit, either on cool or heat pump; we will sometimes get water dripping from the plastic housing on the inside. When we shut the unit down, about Ĺ to ľ cup of water will come down all at once. This might not seem like a big deal, except for the fact that the electric distribution panel (below the refer) is in the splash pattern.
Iíve been to the factory with the problem twice, but it still exhibits the same symptom. What say my more knowledgeable peers?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedwid View Post
Iím not sure of where this should be posted, as it doesnít really fit neatly into a subject area. If needed; Modís feel free to move it, and Iíll appreciate what you do.
We have a 2010, FC23FB, that we bought new last May. We donít run it a lot, but when we run the AC unit, either on cool or heat pump; we will sometimes get water dripping from the plastic housing on the inside. When we shut the unit down, about Ĺ to ľ cup of water will come down all at once. This might not seem like a big deal, except for the fact that the electric distribution panel (below the refer) is in the splash pattern.
Iíve been to the factory with the problem twice, but it still exhibits the same symptom. What say my more knowledgeable peers?
Possibly the drain hose is not attached or it could be plugged.

Certainly something the factory could easily correct.

Andy

Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Usually, water dripping from the air conditioner would indicate that the outside drain tube is either clogged or disconnected. What's confusing, though, is that moisture production does not usually occur during heat pump use.

I am surprised that you have had it to JC twice, and that they could not correct the problem. The techs at the Factory can usually fix anything on an Airstream.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
To re-visit the problem,,, My natural inclination is to always maintain a zero bubble. However, by experimenting I have found that > 1/2 up bubble AND > 1/4 bubble starboard list, seems to facilitate the drainage. When I get home, I'll get out the big level and see if perhaps my attached levels need to be calibrated a tweek.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
Snedwid, you are not alone.......mine does the same thing, despite the fact that a significant amount of condensate drains properly through the tube, at the same time. In my case, a little "nose down" adjustment diverts it to the roof (as seen during heat pump operation).
Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
where is the outside drain tube? I had the same problem this last week. When I ran the air the water dripped inside. Water was running out of the drain pan and down outside of the trailer when we ran the air . When I took off the cover and got up there to check things out I did not see the drain tube. Am I missing something?

Brian
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Had the same problem for over a year. I finally removed the AC unit. I found that whoever installed it left a mess of caulk that re-routed the draining water. Unfortunately for me it it re-routed it such that it was dammed up to the point where at "zero bubble" it drained back into the trailer. Once I cleaned it all up and reinstalled the AC unit..problem solved.