Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #201

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
A Weekend in the LC....

We spent the weekend with our friends kmtyme and two other couples in the Low Country of South Carolina. It was a "Live off the Sea" weekend.

Crab Friday

Oysters and Low Country Boil Saturday.

Thanks to Don for catching the Crab and Shrimp.

Mighty fine time...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8584.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	702.8 KB
ID:	88784   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8589.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	659.8 KB
ID:	88785  

Name:	DSCN8593.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	719.3 KB
ID:	88786   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0016.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	88788  

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #202
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Just got back from a weekend of tailgating for a football game here in Austin. My friend parks his 1972 Winnebago next to my 63 Overlander, and it's quite the setup.

utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #203
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We just got back from a 4 week ramble around the Pacific NW. SE Oregon, Yellowstone, Port Townsend WA, Jackson CA, up the Coast, through the redwoods, Beaches in Oregon and more. We had a blast and have the dirty trailer to prove it

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #204
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We just got back from the Branson Fall Rally and Chili Cookoff at Branson, Mo, had a wonderful time! Lots of good friends and great food!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #205
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
Asheville NC

Decided we needed a short break and took the 23FB to Asheville to enjoy the changing color of the leaves and have a bit of fun. Weather was good the first day, and then rain and cold, but oh..... the trailer sure was fun! Have been working so hard all summer, that we have not been able to go anywhere, so off we went. It was hard to come back to reality!
ncbambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #206
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
We just got back Sunday evening from a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. We stayed at the Gulf Shores State park campground. Very nice and highly recommended.
We also stayed one evening on the way back at Joe Wheeler State Park in Rogersville, Alabama. It also was a very nice campground that could accomodate long trailers. The staff at both parks very friendly!

crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #207
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Had a great time with the Ca. Streamers at Rivernook #3

Sixty3TW4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #208
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Okay, today is Tuesday, but we are on the last leg of a 3-month trip (minus a 10-day break for Maggie to tear the cartilage in a knee/have surgery) to Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio (2 stops at JC), Pennsylvania, New York and Maryland! Will be home in a few hours, hugging and kissing sweet grandbabies.

We have had an absolutely wonderful time in our '06 Interstate, which ran like a top and with which we are in love even more. At 61,000+ miles, it and retirement travel remain a dream come true.

We boondocked more on this trip than ever before, enjoyed some beautiful, scenic areas and one morning in the Catskills saw A GREY WOLF chasing a deer---as we were drinking morning coffee! Wow! We enjoyed a lot of Revolutionary and Civil War sites, made some new friends, visited with some old ones and spent time with adult children.

May everyone at some point in their lives be so fortunate. Life is good.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #209
Troutstream

2006 28' International CCD
Centerville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
Just got back from our very first outing in our very recently purchased 2006 International (which we absolutely love!). We did not stray too far from home -- across town, actually -- for our shakedown/familiarization. Spent an entire week on the banks of Percy Priest Lake at Seven Points Campground (Nashville, TN), a corps facility. Sixty sites; approx 15-16 on the water. Camping area has its own boat ramp and parking; also a swim area. Restroom/shower facilities are clean and in the process of being remodeled. Electric and water hookups at all sites; has a dumping facility. Most sites are back-ins; although there are a few pull-throughs. I thought that most sites were pretty private (lots of trees) but since I am new to this I don't have anything else to make a comparison to. Downtown is less than 30 minutes -- hard to believe that something so wonderful is so close to the city.

We love our Airstream!!!!!!

Debbie (and Pat and Georgia, the Wonder Dog)
We just bought a 28 International CCD and went on our first family outing near home as well. We went to Brown County State Park in Indiana. It is about three hours from our home in Centerville, Ohio. This park looked like a mini version of the Smokies and the fall foilage was in full regalia. Enjoy the new Airstream. We sure love it. Also, I am traveling with my three little ones who are 8, 5, and 18 months.
TROUTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #210
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROUTD View Post
We just bought a 28 International CCD and went on our first family outing near home as well. We went to Brown County State Park in Indiana. It is about three hours from our home in Centerville, Ohio. This park looked like a mini version of the Smokies and the fall foilage was in full regalia. Enjoy the new Airstream. We sure love it. Also, I am traveling with my three little ones who are 8, 5, and 18 months.
Welcome to the forums. Nice to know that your first outing went well. Enjoy the life-style that comes with 'Streamin.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #211
4 Rivet Member

1985 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Summerville , South Carolina
We just got back today from DisneyWorld in Orlando. Not my first choice of places to go but the kids loved it (girls 6 and 9). Stayed at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground--a huge place. The campground itself is a half mile wide by a mile and a half deep. Well run and spotless, though.
How refreshing it was to return to the tranquility of our Airstream each evening after fighting crowds and being herded through lines like cattle all day.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #212
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Talking Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work.....

My son-in-law would agree with you about the tranquility of returning to the campground. He said he felt like a gerbil while he was in the parks.

As for the campground, I highly agree. I rented a cabin at Wilderness for the daughter, son-in-law, three kids and myself during spring break this year. All of Wilderness Campground is beautifully maintained. We used all the free transportation during the week and didn't have a problem. The food at the dining hall is wonderful, especially the fried chicken. The staff is ready to help you with anything at anytime.

Now, I have to convince hubby that we need to go back and take the Airstream.

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #213
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
Mt Nebo/Mt Magazine--

Has anyone streamed at Mr Nebo in Dardanelle Arkansas...beautiful fall colors and a beautiful winding road to the top of this modest 1300 or so ft peak...Mt Magazine just up the road in Paris Ark is also a delight and higher at about 2750 feet....

Anyone been to Caprock Canyon State park in Texas....I am planning a trip there over the thanksgiving time period....any thoughts???
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0372.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	90246  
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #214
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Camping season

Time to revive this thread...

It's Monday and I just got back from the Lousiania marsh...
2 days for work related to dat big-o-oil spill
and
3 days for some fishin' with pals...

We rented a 'camp house with wheels' and I parked the stream right by it (plugged in and tripped a couple of breakers...)

One of our two boat's limited on Red's and the other did fairly good also...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Reds.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	102787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lonnnnggg trailer.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	102788  

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #215
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
It's Monday and I just got back from.....

Chilhowie Campground in the great Tennessee mountains. We had 105 kids show up for a free kids fishing day loaded with prizes, food and lots of fun. Then chilled in the evening. Great campground, sites are not on top of each other, fishing and a beach area at the lake. Also close enough to raft or launch your own boat on the Ocoee River.
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote