Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Same with Oregon, Doug. Our state parks are gorgeous and in most cases have better, larger and more private sites than the private ones. The one thing they lack, for the most part, is cable tv. We're going to hook up a satellite reception so as to get around that problem.

If you are ever in Oregon, I highly recommend all the state parks (and I'm picky).
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

1972 21' Globetrotter
nc , North Carolina
all the private owned campgrounds we have stayed at don't care what you are pulling, they just want the money.
rock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I never understood the high end private campgrounds. I have watched the shows featuring the big expensive motorhomes in these luxury parks. I can camp pretty much anywhere and enjoy myself.

I enjoy pulling off the road and finding a Walmart to spend the night. It is the adventure I enjoy at a low cost. Go slow and enjoy the country side.
We stayed on interstate 80 at a small campground that did not have any scenery. It was just a place to park and visit relatives. It was great. We had all the hookups and people were nice. Interstate 80 was are scenery with all the trucks. Many of the people camping there were contractors who were using the campground because of there job. There weren't very many trees for shade.

That does not mean we don't enjoy nice campgrounds. We have stayed at some nice ones. . I am not going to get bent out of shape if people don't want us. I would like to see somebody open a parking area where you pull in, plug in and have access to water. That is it. No store, picnic table or pool. It could just be a parking lot where you pull in spend the night with security and leave. Maybe there are places like that. Have it set up like any other parking lot with parking lines to give RV space. People would know that it is only for RV's and they are to leave in the morning. Just a place to crash and dump.

Brian
Old 01-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Venice , Florida
"Crash & Dump" What a great name for a camp ground!
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #65
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ View Post
"Crash & Dump" What a great name for a camp ground!

At least for the designated overnighter spots.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Agreed, what a great name for a camp ground, "Crash and Dump",
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote