Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
We're in Munich Germany right now, after renting an RV and touring parts of Austria for a week. Fascinating- there are significant differences between the way camping is done in the US and how it is done in Europe, both technically and culturally. I'll write it up when we get back this week.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:16 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Please do

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert claus View Post
We're in Munich Germany right now, after renting an RV and touring parts of Austria for a week. Fascinating- there are significant differences between the way camping is done in the US and how it is done in Europe, both technically and culturally. I'll write it up when we get back this week.
That should be very interesting. I look forward to reading it.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:18 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert claus View Post

Yes, please share your experience! RVing Germany/Austria is on our list. We lived there for a few months in 70s, have visited a couple times and think it would be a great way to go!

WBCCI #7246 Michigan Unit,Texas Hill Country Unit (associate member), AIR #91367
Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCwheels View Post
Yes, please share your experience! RVing Germany/Austria is on our list. We lived there for a few months in 70s, have visited a couple times and think it would be a great way to go!

I visited Vienna, Austria for work last year, and part of the tour included rolling past a campground named "Camping Wien," which had a number of RVs set up. Plus, I saw an RV dealer between the airport and the city.

My problem is, how do I want to tour Europe? Train, bicycle, or RV? All three are important to me. Hard to do them all...

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
If it's Tuesday, This Must be Belgium.

Funny movie.

Kelvin
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
At Tulumne Meadows Campground dump station last September, I was third in a line of about 7 rvs. all rentals. The RV at the dump station didn't know how to dump. I showed him. Then , when it came to be my turn, the ones behind me came up and wanted trailer tours. LOL.

My feeling about rental rvs is the same as my feelings about rental pontoons (I got all sorts of stories about rental pontoons) I try to stay as far away from them as I can.
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post

My feeling about rental rvs is the same as my feelings about rental pontoons (I got all sorts of stories about rental pontoons) I try to stay as far away from them as I can.
Don't be too hard on the renters. I was a regular renter of canal boats in the UK (RV on water, I guess) and bumped fenders with too many private boat owners who felt that they had more of a right to the water and locks than the renters. Most renters don't have the skills and experience that the regular RV (or boater) has and are quite probably in need of patience and some assistance; rather than avoid, we should be helping out.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote