Old 03-30-2016, 02:36 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Interstate
san clemente , California
Jayseejay---- Thank you for your post. I'll try the toll free line again, maybe they rotate thru different sales "experts " and I'll get someone with more experience.

unifreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Baldwin Harbor , New York
I'll second Jayseejay. We just bought an Airstream and I purchased an agreed value policy from Progressive. Agent on the phone told me they MIGHT ask for proof of what I paid, but 2 weeks later all I've gotten from them are my policy documents. I've used Progressive for my boat & jet-ski policies and I've been very satisfied with the premiums and the handling of one claim I submitted. The Airstream premium feels reasonable, and they do agreed value, which others I called would not do.

WBCCI 1433
Long Island, NY
2007 Airstream Safari SE LS 25FB
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
We have Progressive for the MH. When we bought it we insured it for what we paid for it. This year they said that, even though we were paying for it as if it was still worth what we paid for it, they said it isn't worth that much. Of course, they accepted the premium when it was paid. We're still trying to get some logic from them. When we list our Foretravel (soon, I hope) we will list it for $39,000, which is more than what we paid for it (but less than what we have in it). From what I've seen on Foreforums, that price is pretty reasonable.

I think it pays to go up the ladder if the person you talk to first doesn't give you the answer you want.
David Lininger, kb0zke
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
We also have an agreed value policy on our EB 27 airstream. The policy was on a new airstream and will stay at the agreed value for five years.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:56 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Mobile , Alabama
Forgot to mention that it is with Progressive also.
BassCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:09 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
I was just looking for an Agreed Value policy with Progressive and advised to ge a Certified Appraisal or go with NADA values. Does anyone have a recommendation for a Certified appraiser in the East Texas area or suggestions as to what service you used>
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #21
Len and Jeanne
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
I suggest you really, really confirm what your policy does/does not cover prior to signing on the dotted line. If your AS does get into an accident while being towed or just minding its own business somewhere, you can have a real tussle with the insurance company trying to lowball your repairs or not agreeing on a replacement if it truly is totaled.

We spent months haggling with our insurance company. They finally came through for us, but it was a really insulting process.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote