Old 09-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #113
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
Have you ever gone back and just looked at the dates on some threads? This one kicked off in 2003, was fairly active, sat dormant for two years, had two posts in 2005, half a year later in '06 it started getting a little steam up, stayed fairly active all the way through 2012, with a couple six month breaks, then sat dormant for a whole year until yesterday.

Just found it interesting... I wonder what's the longest one has sat dead until being revived...

I kept a journal of every trip, every leak, every repair I made on our old Winne. Left it in the camper when I sold it. The next owners called me up a few years later to comment on how much they enjoyed reading the journal. It was an adventure...

Need to start my own check list...

-Red
There was one the other day that had been dead for over 10 years. Someone made a post on it. Funny thing was the post was totally off topic with nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #114
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Now I'll have to go find the oldest dead thread on the forum...

Was on a forum a few years ago, and there was a guy that made a hobby out of resurrecting ancient threads. It was interesting, and amusing, for a bit.

-Red

Old 09-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #115
2 Rivet Member

Victoria , British Columbia
I love our Airstream Excella!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #116
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
If only I'd thought to bring...

... my guitars.

For the Alumalina Rally (Lake Wateree, SC) I loaded all my sound gear (guitar amp, effects pedals, 100 watt powered speaker, 70 watt powered monitor, audio cables, extension cords, speaker stands, mic stands) on Tuesday evening so we could leave when I got home from work after 4pm Wed. I do not put my guitars in early though and planned to add before leaving.

I got befuddled when we decided to add 2 bikes to the trip at the last minute and had to unload then reload lots of the truck to get them to fit. In my haste to get going, I subsequently forgot the guitars (I usually bring at least one electric, and a 6-string acoustic).

At the Rally, I shared Bill's guitar (Thanks, Bill!) and got some playing in to get me past my withdrawal though.
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #117
2 Rivet Member

Victoria , British Columbia
Great camping at Jordan River Vancouver island just west of Sooke BC .... 30 meters from the ocean no hook ups but there is water and bathrooms and only $15.00 per night we go every second weekend will be there next weekend it is an amazing spot
Old 10-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #118
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Naples , Florida
RoadkingMoe pretty much nailed it for me! But I choose to not have TV, so the satellite is overkill. Nailclipers & duct tape showed me he was a pro! Did he mention 'soft toilet paper' for times you are not using RV toilet and that nasty tissue for when you are? Oh! One more thing, extra reading glasses!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #119
astreameddie

2015 30' Flying Cloud
la conner , Washington
Always bring a small pair of scissors with coated handle. I blew a fuse when lowering our 30 foot cloud.
I took out the fuse and made a connection by inserting the tips of the scissors where the fuse was. Connection made, trailer lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

2012 20' Flying Cloud
Richardson , Texas
Forget these long, complicated lists - you will want a level, set of leveling blocks, drinking water hose, sewer hose and 30 amp plug - you will get home with that and THEN start your personal list for future trips personalized to the type of camping you like. ENJOY!!!

Henry - "experience is what you get..... right after you need it."
HAschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #121
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by astreameddie View Post
Always bring a small pair of scissors with coated handle. I blew a fuse when lowering our 30 foot cloud.
I took out the fuse and made a connection by inserting the tips of the scissors where the fuse was. Connection made, trailer lowered.
Don't be silly. Never stick non-electrical components into an electrical circuit. "Coated" is not the same as "insulated," and exactly how much electrical resistance does a pair of scissors have, anyway?

A circuit tester will also make a circuit in place of a fuse. Even better, an ammeter will not only make the circuit in place of the fuse, but tell you exactly how many amps you're drawing, which might tell you WHY you blew the fuse.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Currently up at Top Of Georgia. I forgot to bring my little step ladder and handy vac. Two essentials for me.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 10-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #123
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Just before you get into Helen there is a flea mkt junk store. They may have what you need. Jim
Old 10-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #124
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Just before you get into Helen there is a flea mkt junk store. They may have what you need. Jim

I went by there yesterday. Totally forgot about the ladder, etc. I did stock up on Cinnamon Apple cider, Apple butter, boiled peanuts, cucumber pickles and hot chow chow. Helen is a very cool little touristy town. Octoberfest is in full swing.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #125
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
I can see why you forgot the ladder... Somebody was hungry!

Helen is awesome during Octoberfest. Just get in full tourist mode, hit the beer tent, and do the chicken dance...

-Red, a really good chicken dancer...
Old 02-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #126
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Just be sure to camp next to one of the folks above, i.e. Maurice. Keep a large and easily seen hand tool, hold it standing outside your trailer, and look worried and dumb. Within four minutes someone who knows how, has the correct tool and part, and is kind will assist. It is nice to have a small floor jack on hand for tongue jack, tire, etc. failures. Safe travels. Jack