Old 01-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #169
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
If you come to Canada for its free national parks admission this year, save your loonies for the washers and drier! ($1 coin with a picture of a loon on them.)

Our packing list varies a lot depending on where we are going. For a total boondocking trip we bring the folding table and chairs because there won't be any campground, let alone a picnic table. The generator stays home on a short trip with hookups, but comes along on a longer trip with no hookups.

With the 19' Bambi, where we economize is in paring down bulky items to something more compact. We now have a roll-up table from REI, as well as the style of folding chair that fits into a tubular stuff-sack. We really sacrificed when we replaced our stemmed wine glasses with the stemless style. (Still Riedel crystal, naturally.) Hey, it's still an Airstream.

Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:53 AM   #170
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Bambi emergency kit

After many remote miles with our Bambi and some narrow mountain roads we sometimes found it necessary to make 180s with no room. Take a dolly wheel for the tongue Jack, a plank for it to track on and a tow strap. Disconnect from the tow vehicle, and turn Bambi on its axle, reconnect and go the other way. One can use a comealong to a fixed post, tree, etc. for the strap attachment.

rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #171
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
..to bring

A compact floor Jack....if tongue Jack fails, flats, etc. also the plastic ramp type tire Jack. Spare clothes to layer if it is just a bit cooler, warmer or wetter than expected. The bulbs for the small high intensity lights are often hard to find on the road.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #172
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
High Point , North Carolina
In case this was omitted, I always carry jumper cables, a portable 12v compressor and small step ladder (I'm <6ft) for getting to the awning locks...that rod they give you is okay but cumbersome.
Rfriebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #173
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Bring.....

Clothes pins...many uses...securing food bags, bookmarks cookbook holders open, holding bandanas on open windows to prevent head bashing....etc.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 AM   #174
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
I need a thread titled 'if only I hadn't packed so much stuff!' I feel like I'm constantly throwin and givin things away cause I'm findin I need a lot less each day. It's the safety items and tools that are really number one. Everythin else is pretty much junk I've found. Switched the coffee maker for a mugtop pourover, went from 4 pairs of jeans to 2, went from 10 shirts to 5, switched the laptop and television sets for a tablet, gave away the little electric heaters and just use my furnace, went from a pot and pan set to just one pot and one pan, got rid of my outdoor guest chair cause everyone's got their own and I rarely have guests, threw away the giant campin rug that I ain't never used cause I don't mind steppin on dirt/grass/gravel, got rid of the vacuum and just use the broom and rags and sometimes a Swiffer, gave away the blender cause I just never use it... I still feel like I got too much stuff. I need to donate some socks and hats and jackets and maybe a pair of boots.

Markets are everywhere, I don't even think about food, I just go to the market like I did always.

Some things I'm glad to have are.....

Extra blankets
Bungee Cords/Zip Ties
Duct Tape/Elecrical Tape
Tool set
First Aid Kit
Extra Water
Extra Fuses
Extra Battery
Jumper Cables
Alternate way of starting tow vehicle battery
ARB fridge for tow vehicle
Flashlight/LED lantern
12v compressor
Tire gauge
2 Shaker siphons, one for fresh water and one for gas.
Solar panel
Gas can
Cell charger
Tent
Backpack

Protection of choice

What I need and don't have yet are.....

The spot or somethin similar to let people know my location if I'm in trouble when I'm deep in the back country and also a cell booster.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #175
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eugene , OR
THANKS Rocinante

WOW, echoing previous posters' comments, THANKS for your online resources. I just sent the link to your "hacks" page to several serious cook friends, telling them your tips for RV kitchen stuffs apply to stickbuilt home kitchens also. (Filed under the category of "stuff you didn't know you needed" of course.)

GRACIAS.
kelly.
KellyAndersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #176
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eugene , OR
Stuff!!!

@ Travlin Man:

KellyAndersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #177
4 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack View Post
After many remote miles with our Bambi and some narrow mountain roads we sometimes found it necessary to make 180s with no room. Take a dolly wheel for the tongue Jack, a plank for it to track on and a tow strap. Disconnect from the tow vehicle, and turn Bambi on its axle, reconnect and go the other way. One can use a comealong to a fixed post, tree, etc. for the strap attachment.
Thanks for this tip!
WhereStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:16 AM   #178
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
If I'd only brought..........the misquito gear.

We got to the Everglades and ran out of oil for the lamp and spray. We forgot the spray, head nets and long sleeves, thermo-cells and long pants.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:39 AM   #179
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Collingwood , Ontario
Some nice-to-have's but not essential:
- warm slippers & winter hat (especially in the Pacific Northwest)
- small broom (there will always be sand in the trailer but still nice to sweep it out once in awhile)
- head lamp (for late night unhitching and walks to the bathroom late at night)
- lanyard (for your trailer keys)
- bug zapper (tennis racket type for inside the trailer)
- retractable hiking poles (in case you get the urge to leave the campsite for a nice hike)
- walkie talkies (for help backing up the trailer and for staying in touch while at the campground)
- reusable shopping bags
Old 06-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #180
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' International
Collingwood , Ontario
Just thought of some more:
- discount cards for various grocery chains
- bunch of extra phone chargers (load up at dollar store)
- cards with your contact info for all the new friends you will meet
- white board by front door for shopping list, to-dos, and bathroom access codes at each site
Old 06-24-2018, 07:59 AM   #181
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Oh, whatever. If its really necessary there are stores. If not we probably don't really need it anyway.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #182
TinGrin

2000 25' Safari
Tucson , Arizona
If only Id thought

Bar none- period. amen!
A very good CO detector- that is carbon monoxide detector. And never, never trust someone elses battery-? Put in a new one then test and retest! All the equip is meaningless w/o the safety and assurance of a sound working detector.
PERIOD. AMEN.
Now enjoy camping!!!! Please😀

Tingrin is offline   Reply With Quote