Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

Bethlehem , Pennsylvania
Ideas for our promo trip cross country in an Airstream

I am coordinating a promotional trip for our College, holding a number of alumni events across the country. We are are renting an airstream and driving it from LA to NY with event stops along the way. What are the best resources for us to use in finding bar/restaurant venues with large parking lots where we can park our wrapped Airstream while we hold our happy hours inside? In warm weather cities, we could hold the events at the Airstream if we find the right location. Any help would be great! Thank you.
RachelNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
You're promoting your college on a coast-to-coast trip. Seems to me that the number-one best resource is your college's alumni association, which should be able to tell you where to find alumni in any location you plan to stop at. Once you find those alums, get them to do the legwork in their hometowns to find venues for you.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
I think if you are going to serve food or alcohol on their property, then you may need to partner with these bar/restaurants and have the benefit of their restaurant and liquor licenses to be in compliance with local laws. Essentially you can't just roll into town, and open up an unregulated food truck. You may need to purchase all food and drink from them and pay their employees to serve and check IDs.

Now if you are talking about more of a tailgate party, say at a stadium parking lot or similar, then you can probably cordon off space, bring your
own supplies, and let your email blast tell people where to find you.

Agree to let the alumni help you.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote