Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
I 40 through Knoxville advisory

Just a heads up for travelers through Knoxville; I 40 will be closed for through traffic in Knoxville for approx 14 months (according to the TDOT AM radio broadcast at the detour) , both east and west, while a section is redone in the downtown area. The detour for through traffic is I 640. We just passed through yesterday, Friday, 5/2/08, at 2:45pm and the traffic/detour was not bad, no worse then when staying on I 40 driving through, however, if you are planning on passing through this area and can change you timing, would definitely try to avoid during morn/afternoon rush hours. Safe travels to all.
GreggH
GreggH is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)