Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
If you want to spend some time in our area, SAV, HHI, or Bft, we have courtesy parking 1/2 hour from SAV and 15 min from HHI on the May River in Bluffton. We do have water/power. If interested, PM me w dates and email.
Sure was mighty nice of your to offer the courtesy parking! We already booked our spots to make sure we had a place to stay, but I really appreciate it!

Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Enjoy your time up there and hopefully the weather cooperates for you! We went on a two week trip late last March from Tampa up to Charleston, then to Edisto Beach, ending in Jekyll Island, GA and had a blast but the temps were brutal. We weren't able to spend much time outside unfortunately, with the highs in the upper 30s and lows in the teens. We did get at least one decent day in each site, which we took full advantage of.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Hilton head island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post
Enjoy your time up there and hopefully the weather cooperates for you! We went on a two week trip late last March from Tampa up to Charleston, then to Edisto Beach, ending in Jekyll Island, GA and had a blast but the temps were brutal. We weren't able to spend much time outside unfortunately, with the highs in the upper 30s and lows in the teens. We did get at least one decent day in each site, which we took full advantage of.
That cold in March? I don't think we have been in the teens around here since I moved here a few years ago..
Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
That cold in March? I don't think we have been in the teens around here since I moved here a few years ago..
Yep, we were there last March and it was darn near miserable. Not ALL the time, but there were a few nights in the teens, and a few days (both at Edisto of course) where it was in the mid-upper 30s for highs with 30mph winds.

I had to actually crank the furnace instead of just the Therm-X.

Still, it didn't stop us from having a great trip. We'll just go in late April next time.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Even a cold, windy day at Edisto is a good day.

Maggie
Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
The temps at Hunting Island will be a little better than inland BUT can be anywhere from 70 to 32. We say if you do not like the weather in the low countrry wait 15 minutes. As far as food what do you like to eat. I live in Mt Pleasant which is right over the bridge from Charleston. We stay away from the tourist restraunts. Food bland to us. Great Gulla in Mt P. Great Greek downtown,good mexican on the neck. Would have to send me a PM with a number and I will call so when you are here just call and I can give you some ideas. You will love Hunting Island. They had a AS gathering there this Summer and it was great. There is a man who rehabs ASs very close to Hunting Island. If you need some work would recommend way advance appointment. He does SUPER work. Would love to meet you Just PM me.