Old 01-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Blacksburg , Virginia
Very funny. I can identify with the leveling and sewer hook ups.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Talking

What a pisser. Who (or is it whom) ever wrote that should buy another kind of trailer. He IS talking about airstream, is'nt he? Hats off to its author...

Old 01-12-2016, 07:02 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Classic
Ivanhoe , Virginia
Modus, I don't understand you comment.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #32
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocus View Post
What a pisser. Who (or is it whom) ever wrote that should buy another kind of trailer.
There is NOTHING in the original post to indicate that the author owned an Airstream.

I fail entirely to see why you think it's annoying or disappointing (I had to look up the definition of "pisser" since I'd never heard that word before in that context). Try to imagine the late, great Robin Williams reciting the guide in one of his stand-up routines. Maybe then you'll see the humor of it.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Sorry if I offended anyone with my misspelled pisser statement...I guess my statement was a bad joke (it wasn't meant to be). According to New World Dictionary, Pissoir, is a public urinal for men, of a kind formerly common on the streets of Paris. Living in England for a few years, playing Aunt Sally," at the "Crown" pub, ET AL, in the village of Souldern, Northhamptonshire(sp), the word sounding like "pisser," was used, especially during the game of Aunt Sally. For bad or good throwing, of the 16" baton to knock the wooden doll, "Aunt Sally" off the top of a metal pole sticking up one meter, with a flat platform to set Aunt Sally. The idea was to stand 3 meters back and throw 3 batons to see how many times ol' Sally could be knocked off the stake. Losers bought the beer at the end of the game. Pisser was a very common word to use.

Make no mistake about it, we love our trailer. Even though she sets at Stafford Trailer repair getting a partial new floor, a new overhead exhaust fan replaced, and other minor things repaired at a cost of $4700, to be picked up this coming. Saturday.

There, I have apologized, and done with it.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
And......I should have said that I think the author should receive some kind of award for making so many people laugh, and remember such a great piece of art in writing. Heck, now I feel awful for upsetting so many.....it was in no way meant that way. And......I was sober.....maybe that's the problem of being sober 38 years.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #35
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
No worries Mocus. We lived in Europe for a while as well. You kinda get used to words that don't look/sound exactly like American English. Back then, the first two letters on a car tag in Germany included a couple of letters from the local town/area name. Made for some interesting tags for the folks in the town of FUrth.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
#>£>¥^=?

Thank you, I needed that. Ya know, AS'ers are some of the nicest people I know and I knowingly, would not say anything to rile anyone...I do have to bite my tongue occasionally, however. Many thanks again......
Old 01-13-2016, 11:32 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Ah, one more......WARNING.....do not ever Ever ask how to say "change" in Turkey.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #38
Rivet Master

Mocus, don't worry....we are not that thin skinned!
And I give KUDOS to the original author (PO).... And to the one who posted it for all of us to get a good laugh from. Laughing is good medicine....(besides, frowning makes more wrinkles!)
Old 01-15-2016, 09:07 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Smile

[QUOTE=Protagonist;1735270]There is NOTHING in the original post to indicate that the author owned an Airstream.

I fail entirely to see why you think it's annoying or disappointing (I had to look up the definition of "pisser" since I'd never heard that word before in that context). Try to imagine the late, great Robin Williams reciting the guide in one of his stand-up routines. Maybe then you'll see the humor of it.[/QUOTE

I have read, read, and read again what I said...."annoying or disappointing" never stated. After I wiped the tears out of my eyes, and picked myself up off of the floor, I was thinking, "boy, I thought I had it bad," knowing it was written in humor for all to see. And, my assumption was that if it is posted in the "Airstream Forum," there is a possibility that the poster(the person that put it in the forum), jokingly, placed it here for all to see. FYI, I have no idea what the dickens (polite word for hell), Robin Williams has to do with any of this. I feel you were very incentive in your post and a simple "please clarify," would have sufficed and kept me from doing all this thinking and writing.

From my reading on the forum, you appear to be a very brilliant and likable, individual. If I owe you an apology, here it is: I am sorry you took what I said wrong, and upset you, I am not sorry for what I said. I would like very much to remain "AS friends," but if you do not feel that way, you're missing a darn good friend. And I will add that since joining this forum, I have had a very close relationship with the great people of this forum (I hope and pray).
Old 01-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #40
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I fail entirely to see why you think it's annoying or disappointing (I had to look up the definition of "pisser" since I'd never heard that word before in that context).
I have read, read, and read again what I said...."annoying or disappointing" never stated.
Definition of "Pisser" that I found on the Internet since I had never heard the word in any context except to refer to a urinal:
Quote:
nounvulgar slang

noun: pisser
  1. an annoying or disappointing event or circumstance.

2. an unpleasant person; a person who causes difficulties.

Thus you see my confusion. You apparently are using a completely different definition of "pisser" than I am.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:12 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
"Pisser," is exactly what this post has turned into---my definition. There is one thing I took to heart while with the Agency, dealing with individuals around the world, as I did. If you are typing something to a colleague because of his error in judgement (my thinking), before typing anything "sit on your hands first and think about what you're about to convey." After a short time a person will probably change, his or her, mind. True? More than enuf said...at least on my part.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
"Pisser," is exactly what this post has turned into---my definition. There is one thing I took to heart while with the Agency, dealing with individuals around the world, as I did. If you are typing something to a colleague because of his error in judgement (my thinking), before typing anything "sit on your hands first and think about what you're about to convey." After a short time a person will probably change, his or her, mind. True? More than enuf said...at least on my part.
My post count would be twice what it is if I didn't follow this excellent advice. I no longer post in hitch or tow vehicle threads.