Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
You only have to pay if you want history video saved in the cloud. It sends a notification to your phone when it senses motion or sound. I also use an old out of service phone at home (wireless still works even when phone is deactivated for calling) for when I'm gone and momma is home.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
You can have multiple cameras as well.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 09-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Just so I understand here Rich. When it sends you a notice what do you get. Do you get a short video of the motion in captured? Of do you just get a notice that it captured something but no video.
Tks

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Sorry forgot to ask what does the out of service phone do for you. Again I'm not understanding.....lol

Old 09-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
When you have an old cell phone laying around which you replaced with a new one, only the cellular calling functions no longer work. All wireless functions still work. Why not use it as a wireless monitor for things like camera notifications? I keep it plugged in by the bed for the camera monitoring.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
When you don't subscribe to history (starting at 10 days moving through time for $100/year ) you get live viewing after a notification or anytime you want to check in through the app.

Old 09-18-2015, 09:51 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Thanks Rich......

Old 09-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
I've had my iZon cameras installed for about 3 years now and they provide great peace of mind. I also have a whole house alarm system, that is monitored, that when it goes off, triggers the iZon (noise), so I get the email alert while the monitoring service is calling me to decide wether to dispatch the police or fire department. All my iZon camera's are plugged into UPS, as is all the major network appliances, to ensure that no loss of serve while the 20Kw generator comes on-line in case of power loss. Also installed a Nest thermostat when I built my home over 5 years ago. I've only had 1 false alarm, cause by cat, and could see the Sheriff walking around the exterior of the house checking windows and doors. Plus this reduces my home owners insurance premiums. Since I live in the country, I watch my neighbors home just like they watch mine. One other thing, I have several light switches upgraded using WeMo so that I can configure certain or all light to be programmed to turn on or off on a schedule or on demand via my iPhone through the internet.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote